Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

UdubBadger's "WEGOHAM" Build Thread

No I am not the charity case, unfortunately the car is. I guess I am now looking at this like I have adopted a battered and bruised child and am trying my best to give her a good home and the TLC she deserves. It honestly breaks my heart that someone would consider this a well maintained BMW - let alone an M3.

If you don't know the back story to this yet, here are the Cliff's:

Bought E46 M3 that was said to be "perfect".
    Wasn't as cautious as I should have been looking it over before signing bill of sale and paying private seller.
    Found appx $4-5k in repairs needed to the car after the fact.

Yeah I'm sure you know how this one ends... I got stuck with it as seller wouldn't even return an email/text/call (pending any possible future legal action that is possible).

I'm trying really hard right now not to resent the absolute shit out of the car but now I am upside down on it and the only logical thing to do is drive it. I guess it's not so bad to be stuck with this kind of car but it still severely pisses me off how it all went down.

I am going to document the restoration process of this beat up M. I second guessed myself if this was a good idea while typing this up but I don't care, I am not shady like the P.O. and if down the line I sell this car, I want everyone to know what was done to it so there is no question.

So here is the list from iND after a brief inspection by Anthony of what needs to be done. Pardon me while I go :cry over my wallet while you read it, and why not include some photos of the damage too...

Replace bald 4 tires + mount/balance - was told they were 75% left, truth is they were at 1/32 in front and actually bald in back
    Replace both lower control arms (might as well do race bushings too) - both are loose and jiggle which made my drive home pretty hecktic
    Alignment - no brainer with above
    New front & rear bumpers (plus paint) - front was cracked in 2 spots and full of chips like it was swiss cheese. Rear has been repaired from a hit with bondo and is coming apart.
    Repaint hood - swiss cheese again, some look like hail or metorites
    Repaint both side mirrors - scratches and chips all over both
    Repaint front driver side front fender - scuff touch up above wheel well
    Replace front windshield - rubber trim integrity is horrible and I was told glass usually breaks when trying to reapply it
    Replace blown speaker - (sub)
    Replace missing fog plate and cracked fog lens - both need love
    Replace drivers door still - huge deep scratch in drivers side
    Replace missing trunk carpet panel - just missing completely
    Replace center cup holder - worn down
    Replace missing clown nose on rear view mirror - really? I'm not even sure this is something people sell individually

PDF pics m3damage.pdf

As for other stuff, things I would like to refresh as well:

Acquire winter wheel/tire setup by November
    Full cooling system (before 100k - also will do Rogue performance pullies while I'm at it)
    FCAB/RTAB if they haven't been done (at this point I'm treating this car like its never even had an oil change)

Refinish 19" CSL wheels - all rashed
    Replace steering wheel - wearing leather but not horrible
    Replace shifter knob - wearing leather but not horrible also
    Replace ebrake handle/boot - also wearing but prefer alcantara
    Replace interior lighting (LED conversion) - E46 lights are really dim IMO
    Replace reverse lights (LED conversion) - helps me back out of driveway at night

And then the mods I would like to do initially (which are hard to think about at this point):

Add matte black grills
    Add matte black side grills
    Add LED angel eyes
    Add painted or clear reflectors
    Add strut tower brace
    Add black M3 badge
    Add BMW SSK

And the 2 big dream for this car:
    Add Exhaust system
    Add Headers (bimmerbrakes tester again maybe?)
    Add Supercharger kit (long ways away from getting here)

So I guess here we go. Need to get some tires soon and get those FLCA's replaced so it drives properly ASAP.

Trying to stay positive even though I want to drive back up to Minnesota and beat the piss out of the guy , maybe making some progress here will ease the pain.

2goHAM
    Name:  2goham2.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  208.2 KB
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Keep your head up man. Slowly work at that list and you will get the car perfect. Unfortunately with any used car you have to expect some TLC, but if the car is said to be "perfect" then that is different..

Good luck Seth. In the end you will have an awesome IMOLA/IMOLA M3 that could be said to been built from the ground up.

Both cars have the same vanity plate? I didn't think that was possible in the same state! I didn't see your initial M3 purchase story - but I'm assuming you bought it sight unseen? I did the same thing, luckily the PO was honest. However, it was my first car purchase and I wouldn't recommending trusting someone like that, especially with their motivation to sell... Let this be a lesson we all learn from. Have someone you trust visit the car.

I wish you the best in the restoration, think of it as an experience. I realize this isn't going to make it better, but it could have been worse.
    Fuelly

No its getting transferred over from ZHP to M3 but I had the back plate on today to go drive it to iND for an estimate on it all.
    Call me Seth

Sorry to hear about the loss given the amount of work that needs to be done with the vehicle but it will definitely give you some pride in it once she is back in great shape. I've always wanted one of the E46 M3's, don't know that ive ever seen one in red personally though they've all been the standard black, silver, or white. In for pics of progress

'01 330i

But you haz ///M
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

True but I'm upside down as shit on it now.

Shoulda just bought from EAG at this rate. Oh well.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth

Man....the rock chips and scratches are a part of life and mostly unavoidable. But holy shi$ - I can not believe an M3 owner would drive on tires that look like that! Was the seller a young kid who couldn't 'afford' the car?

This is something I always think about and / or unfortunately stereotype when I see a 17 year old driving an E class / 5 series - yes you can find high mileage versions for $5k, but they still carry the maintenance / repair costs of $60k cars.....
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Did you buy this blind, without checking it out first? eBay?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast