Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I typed out a long post. Somehow got deleted. Grr. Anyway, that bites. The just was that you should include RSMs when you do RTABs. Based on the wear of the tires from the pics, it looked like the inside shoulder was more warn which is usually indicative of bad RTABs. I would also put fluid replacements all around and an inspection of the vanos bolts and hub (might as well do the valve adjustment since everything will be open) high on the list. If it were mine I would go ahead and do spark plugs too while I was at it. It ends up being basically a normal inspection 2.

Did Anthony verify that the creaking came from the LCAs? I imagine he checked the subframe and the shock mounts too?

What speakers specifically are blown? I may have some.

BTW, it may be easier/cheaper to find the front and rear bumpers, hood, and side mirrors used rather than repainting. Or at least some of them. I think Charlie went that route on his ZHP.
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

Yeah I appreciate the advise. Anything to save a few bucks here and there will be done for sure.

Car was only up on a jack so no subframe inspection was done but will be in the next few days. He was busy but the rattle was Identified by them visually as LCAs being bad.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Wow, I feel for you, Seth. I was nervous as shit buying my car long distance. It's a precarious position - what the heck do I do if I fly all the way out there and this turns out to be a bad deal? You can only do so much advance work. I don't know what exactly made me feel comfortable enough with the seller to not arrange a PPI, but after the exchanges we had, and the pictures he sent, I just felt like they were being straight up with me. I can see how you got to a point where you felt like you could trust the guy. When I picked mine up, it wasn't in a dark garage, but it was a hotel parking lot in the rain. Not necessarily the best place for a thorough walk through. The only surprises I've gotten so far have been the rear shocks, and a new intake boot that the PO's indy installed wrong. So I guess I came out on the lucky side of the crap shoot.

But like Dane said, you've got an ///M. And once you make it as pristine as we all know you will, you'll have the godlike Double Imola status. So that's pretty sweet.
    JEFF
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    04 330Ci ZHP | Imola Red | Black Leather | 6MT | BMW Performance Intake | BMW Performance Shift Knob | BMW Performance Strut Bar
    Homelink | BMW Alarm | BMW Aux | Interior LED Retrofit | XM Radio | Imola/Matte Grilles | Yakima Whispbar Roof Rack | Ultimate Cupholders

Thanks. Again, trying very hard to stay upbeat about it all (but its hard).

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth

Hang in there Seth. Some time down the road (pun intended), you'll look back on this and have a story, and you'll nod to how you rescued this car and made it your own. I know it's frustrating now, but you'll get there, with a kick-azz M.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Very true buddy.

Btw did you ever fit those speakers in the vert?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth

Life gave you a lemon. Time to make some lemonade out of it

Guys, I know Seth is now painfully aware of what can happen when buying a car in another city. Get your own PPI's done - don't rely on theirs, get local enthusiasts to drive it, bring a flashlight and a jack to check on your own and most of all, take your time. It's your money and you are the customer.

Seth, I know this sucks but kudos to you for putting this poor M3 right. I've had to do the same with cars I've bought in the past and it's never easy spending those dollars but you feel better knowing you're doing the right thing by the car and by the next person who will buy it from you.

Now, if anyone wants to buy an E46 M3 in the Minneapolis market, I know one that has been professionally cared for all its life that will be available at the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Thanks. Again, trying very hard to stay upbeat about it all (but its hard).
    Awww Sethers. Think of it as this. You sharing this obstacle in life is giving an exponential learning lesson to many others that will learn not to take for granted to pure goodness that life has to offer in the majority. Things could always be worse and there is always a reason for something to happen. The serendipities that come out of this new project will rocket you ahead to more wisdom and increase your character even more. Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so make sure #YOUGOHAM and live your license plate!!

Quit being a princess!

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Lol thanks Eli and Trev.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast