Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi169 View Post
    Shout out to Charlie for hooking me up with these amazing Rear BBKs. I finally have a complete set.

I cant wait to share with you all the installed pics. I gotta look for rear rotors first though.

Attachment 36228
    That looks nice! Are those brake lines longer than stock and required for installed? Or I am mistaken with front lines needed to be longer?
    I have set of rear calipers but debating about installing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Daniel,

The rear 135i Performance calipers will look perfect behind your wheels. You have done a lot of work to your car and it shows! Can't wait to see pics after everything is done!

For the rear rotors be sure to reach out to Jacob (badclown) and see what rotors he used to get his mounted.
    Charlie is the man! Bummer that you had no chance to install them on Imola sedan. They would be rad!
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    He needs stock fitment E46 M3 rear rotors. Brand/style/etc. doesn’t matter.
    How come you are not advocating against those calipers, like Botond -))))

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Shout out to Charlie for hooking me up with these amazing Rear BBKs. I finally have a complete set.

I cant wait to share with you all the installed pics. I gotta look for rear rotors first though.
    Status on this retrofit???

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Status on this retrofit???
    still working on it! looking for cross drilled rotors haha

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

still working on it! looking for cross drilled rotors haha
    Send Badclown (Jacob) a PM. Ask him what he used for his Performance rear caliper retrofit. He has this on his ZHP as well

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

I used I think Zimmerman cross drilled and slotted rears. I honestly hate my BMWP front rotors but they came with the ECS BBK when I bought it new.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I used I think Zimmerman cross drilled and slotted rears. I honestly hate my BMWP front rotors but they came with the ECS BBK when I bought it new.
    Why do you hate them?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Why do you hate them?

Every time I wash my car (using meguiars soap) there is always a yellowish/brownish film left on the rotors after the wash that eventually comes off with some braking. The film build up is much more noticeable on the fronts than the rears. It’s a total pain in the ass to deal with I have to go drive the car after drying it and do some braking and then come home and wipe my wheels down because of the residue being blown off the rotors and settling on the wheels.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Every time I wash my car (using meguiars soap) there is always a yellowish/brownish film left on the rotors after the wash that eventually comes off with some braking. The film build up is much more noticeable on the fronts than the rears. It’s a total pain in the ass to deal with I have to go drive the car after drying it and do some braking and then come home and wipe my wheels down because of the residue being blown off the rotors and settling on the wheels.
    This exact same thing happens on my OEM Hella Pagid rotors as well. I also use Meguiars soap.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Hmmmm.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Hmmmm.

The shittiest thing that happened (and how I found out about this issue to begin with) was the first or second time I washed the car after the big brake install. I didn’t go drive the car after and simply cleaned it and parked it. Didn’t drive the car for 3-4 days, came out, started it, went to move forward and it wouldn’t budge. Had to give it some gas before the pads broke free of the rotors. The pads (ebc red box) stuck to the rotor from the water/soap residue and ended up leaving ridges on the rotor that my Indy had to use a wizz wheel to grind off to make them go away. Prior to him doing that I had moderate shakes when braking.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast