Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

DW77's Imola ZHP Prodigy (BMW, ZHP, 330i)

Pics of completed work below. Planned list is as follows.

1. New rims-BBS CH or Forgestar F-14's.
    2. KW V2's.
    3. One panel needs reupholstered on rear seat.

My story goes like this. Its not a story of luck...or love.....but a story of determination. Determination to save an Imola Red ZHP from a life of abuse, and neglect. When I initially started looking....I was looking for a 330i manual. I had found one in New Jersey, and one in Arlington, VA....and had about 8 or so others that I was going to look at....but they all ended up sold.

So....the one in New Jersey was an AW 330i ZHP with cinnamon interior. Truly stunning car with 78k miles....but I didn't want to make the drive....and was keeping that one in my hip pocket.

So....I ended up at a place in Arlington, VA. They had a 330Ci.....and I told them exactly what I was looking for...and they said they would find me my car in 30 days...and to take the Black 330Ci. I paid $15k and was out the door, with what I thought was a pretty sweet car....

This is the black one (while I was in Manassas...seeing friends on my way home from the purchase)

This was it about 4 hours later...hehe

Fast forward to day 18 with the black 330Ci. Dealership not getting back to me at all....I kept calling and they said....that "we are still looking". Mmmmph! I was getting worried. So....a couple of days pass and I see this imola 330i show up on their lot....and its a zhp. Initial deal was for $15k (They told me I could bring back the black one and I could do a direct swap...for $15k)....they lied...and told me I would need $19.8k to get the ZHP....and I ended up settling on $17.2k due to availability and I just really wanted the car. Obviously getting the car up to snuff...is not something I would shy from.

The car did not have style 135's....swirl marks were evident, stain on the drivers seat, passenger side mirror was black, someone had glued something to the roof...that had been removed, drivers side mirror was rusty, Passenger side foglight was cracked, and I got an SES light 100 miles outside of Arlington (how convenient). I replaced the battery 2 days after purchase, along with DISA, and upper and lower intake boots. I immediately did an oil, diff, tranny fluid swap. Over the past 6 months....I have done all of the below. I feel as though I have nursed it back to health with my love for these cars and my superb attention to detail. I have also learned how to properly detail the car, and have purchased the necessary Porter Cable and pads. Front bumper had a little bit of damage going on.....and that's why you will see I have painted the lower portion of it black. I actually kind of like i that way.....and since its a DD...I don't need to worry about rock chips and what not.

Current issues that need addressed...are: Passenger side front wheel well is a lil messed up (no biggie), Needs sunshade pull (no biggie), need new pre-cat O2 sensors, and I think I will need new FCA's soon. Other than some modest wear (It has 116k miles on it) the car is flawless.

Now please join me on this journey through time.....with a car being resurrected.

Custom Shift surround plate and interior trim done by Feia0303.

Imola interior 5 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

Imola interior 6 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

Colgan nosemask from Bavauto. Nice black mirror huh? I told you I was saving the car, right?

Weisslicht Angel Eyes from JLeviSW.

CF Strut bar from ECSTuning.

Hankook Ventus V12's (225 front - 245 rear) from Tirerack.

AL OEM Shift Pedals and dead pedal from Modbargains.

"No blind spot" Euro mirrors from ECSTuning.

18 X 8 Enkei EKM3's from Tirerack.

New Headlight lenses from Bimmian.

Thule roofrack Free!

BMW CCA grill emblem from BMW CCA

Matte black kidneys - DIY

"No Hole" License plate bracket from DDMTuning.

FK Silverline X Fully adjustable coilovers from ECSTuning.

ZHP Mafia Sticker from ZHP Mafia....hehe

Euro Perf Wheelskinz Steering wheel cover.

B/W hood, trunk, wheel emblems from Khoalty, matte black tailpipes - DIY.

BMW Performance brake rotors (Front/rear) from ECSTuning.

Free Splitters from Keith (Kayger12)....Install still in process

Clears from Khoa

AFE CAI Pro5R

Current Setup as of 4/7/11

As of 4/29/11

5/4/11

Wheels painted with Wurth products.

Then came the body work to bring the car back to 100% condition. Respray roof, Hood (couple of small dings repaired), rear passenger door (I swear I think a deer ran into, based off geometry of dent), and rear bumper (where previous owner had "bumped" another car as evidenced by "circles" from license plate bolts).

I paid $975 for roof/hood respray. Front and rear bumper respray with some small ding removal, and he pulled the dent outta the rear passenger side door. Is it perfect? No. Is it better than what it was? Yes. I still plan to have him re-shoot hood on Friday. There is one small fisheye on the roof, I would like to see him correct as well. He did the front bumper for free. The guy was trying to help me out...and I rushed him, as I needed the car back on Monday. He did what he did from Friday night.....to Monday morning. He needed the work as well. He guarantee's his work for as long as I own the vehicle....which is more than I can say for most body shops.

Tint on 6/1/11 - 35/35/35

Splitters from Sockethead (Rob)

Installed 7/8/11 @ 128.5k miles.

KW V1's and Cusco Strut Bar.

BBS CK's (18x8) with Khumo AST's (225/45/18)

As of 8/24/11

As of 9/5/11

Red BBS Center caps.

10/22/11 - 138,500 miles.

Front end.Contrast adjusted by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

Imola Front by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

Added Bimmian Celly Mount

Added Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Brace

As of April 2012. With approx 150k miles.

–Replaced Cowling.
    -Replaced tranny fluid with Pentosin MTF-2.
    -Replaced Diff fluid with Redline 75W-90.
    -Added Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Positions. 235/40/18.
    -Replaced hood badge.
    -Alignment.

5/22/12

Lowered moar on KW V1's
    Added ///M Tri-Stitched Shift Boot and E-Brake Boot. Thanks Ryan.
    Added BMW Performance Shift Knob. Thanks Kristen/Rob.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zhpmafia/7231701344/

BMW Perf Shift Knob and New boots by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

ZHPMafia Sigfest 2013 Coll of W&M 2 by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

ZHPMafia Sigfest 2013 Coll of W&M by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

As of 5/30/13

Coby Wheel wrap (///M stitched) and matching boots

UUC Strutbarbarian

Muteki extended lugs in titanium and stud set from Bimmerworld

///M door sills

Continental Extreme Contact DWS's

Molded Seamless Splitters

e90 shift and ebrake knobs

7.1.14 Installed Gruppe///M Intake

New Light birch trim and Coco mats

Last edited by danewilson77; 05-07-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Well that's certainly a creative way to do a teaser thread.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Well that's certainly a creative way to do a teaser thread.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

how about ONE picture to begin with?

No

Gheybe Guest
    This thread is :gabe

DaneW

Your car is HOT, but, the bra has got to go dude. Clear bra that sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus57 View Post
    DaneW

Your car is HOT, but, the bra has got to go dude. Clear bra that sucker.
    Please vote in my voting thread. Thank you.

Pics updated for the H8Rs....

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast