Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Refinished ZHP style 135 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports

Hello all, the time has finally come. After the previous owner and my self came into a few encounters with curbs and a couple other unanimous objects, I have gotten the wheels refinished. Not only did the wheels have severe curb rash, but also pitting/discoloration from brake dust and other elements. I figured now was a great time to have this done because I am also getting new rubber on the wheels (michelin pilot super sports) and figure I could save a few bucks because the tires are already being dismounted and mounted by the tire installer. I wish I took before pics of the wheels but did not. This process should be said and done with by tomorrow evening or Saturday. I will post pics with the finished product when the wheels are mounted on the car. I took the wheels to the best place around town (metro Detroit area) which does work for all the high end dealerships and was recommended by numerous references. I paid $125 (on par to other quotes by lesser shops) per wheel which includes a complete restoration, straightening, and powder coat with stock silver color. I was debating whether to go with a hyper silver but the extra cost did not justify it and I knew what I was getting with the stock color. I have been told after this restoration, the whees will look basically brand new! I am super excited because I feel the wheels are a large part of a cars appearance and my curbed wheels have always been the weakest point of my car when everything else is practically perfect on it.

A brief time line of the events is as follow
    -Monday May 6, Went to local tire shop and ordered tires
    -Tuesday May 7, Put winter wheels on, brought the ZHP wheels to tire shop to have them dismount tires
    -Wednesday May 8, Picked up wheels at tire shop with unmounted tires, brought the wheels to restoration shop
    Friday May 9, Picking up wheels from restoration shop, bring them to tire shop to have tires mounted and balanced, put them in SUV and bring them back home where I will put them on the car.

PICS OF WHEELS WILL HOPEFULLY COME TOMORROW

Ok, so here are the pics of the wheels when I got them yesterday. These are right when I got home and before I put tuff shine on the tires and waxed the wheels with poor boys wheel sealant. I will put pics up of the wheels on the car tomorrow. With my BMW performance rotors and black calipers it really came together nicely.

Wheels on the car

Last edited by jbehr99; 05-12-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Good deal. Most likely look perfect. What was their process?

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good deal. Most likely look perfect. What was their process?

The companies website with the exact process used Wheel repair link

Quote Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
    The companies website with the exact process used Wheel repair link
    Nice. Was price reasonable?

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yes, $125 per wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
    Yes, $125 per wheel.
    Ok. Thanks.

I was thinking about doing this to my wheels when I got new tires. Please post pics!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

In for pics!

Pilot Super Sports are solid tires!

I got the worst wheel of my newly acquired (but not on car yet) style 264 wheels refinished a week ago - it had some curb rash (3 spots) 1 gash, numerous scrapes, and when finished I couldn't believe it was the same wheel !! It looked perfect/brand new.
    The guy has a mobile service, (Xtreme rim repair) and he did it in my garage and charged me $80.
    took like 45 min.

I was so tempted to get another 264 wheel with a very small curb rash done, and he said he' do it for $60m but i held off for now...I might get it done when I have that 264 on the zhp (he can repair them on the car as long as rash is on an accessible area) and when I am ready to sell the zhp wheels, because one of them also has a small curb rash...he said he'd give me an even better deal if he does both of those at the same time...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast