Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 77 of 77

Thread: Everything You Know About The ZHP

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Moar good data....

    ZHP:
    0-60 in 5.6 sec
    235 hp
    222 lb/ft torque

    The E90
    0-60 in 6.1 sec
    255 hp
    220 lb/ft torque
    Taking both from C&D test data:

    E46 330i ZHP sedan 6MT:
    0-60 5.6
    0-100 15.3
    1/4: 14.3 @ 97mph
    weight: 3370lbs
    2003 330i ZHP C&D road test

    E90 330i sedan 6MT:
    0-60 5.6
    0-100 15.3
    1/4: 14.3 @ 98mph
    weight: 3450lbs
    PDF file of C&D E90 330i 6MT test results

    Having owned both cars together for many years, the E90 feels like it has a broader torque curve in daily driving, but both feel very similar. The E90 gets better gas mileage.

    FWIW, I think my ZHP was the C&D test car in that it has that "press package" option in the build sheet, is identical in options/color to the C&D test car, and before I bought it, it was owned by BMWNA. No sunroof = awesome headroom clearance when wearing a helmet (main reason I hunted forever to find an E90 M3 w/o sunroof). I bought it with 14k miles on it back in April 2005 with CPO warranty. By 20k miles the transmission was grinding 2nd and 3rd horribly which of course was replaced under warranty along with clutch/flywheel. My daughter owns the car now (and tracks/autocrosses it regularly).
    Last edited by CSBM5; 03-17-2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: specified that this was data for E46 ZHP sedan, added links to data
    Current stable:
    2011 M3 sedan 6MT (no sunroof! most all other options) Silverstone II
    2001 M5 LeMans Blue
    2006 330i E90 ZSP 6MT Electric Red
    2007 328i E91 Silver
    1996 Volvo 850R wagon

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Main County
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Quicker steering rack ratio. 13.7:1 versus 15.4:1
    All post 4/01 330's use the same part number steering rack. The ratio of this rack has not been confirmed, but it is believed to be different from that used on the 325's
    I assume most of you drive the ZHP daily and that most (if not all) of you have driven normal 330's or other E46's. So, are we confirming that the ZHP rack is mechanically similar to the normal 330 rack. If not, is there truly any additional steering feel? And if so, is it really noticeable? Don't mean to pick a fight, I know this is a touchy subject on other BMW forums. I'm genuinely curious to hear from the people that experience ZHP steering the most

    | My YouTube Channel | Instagram (WIP) |FS: Steering wheel controls |

    BMWCCA GGC: 530872
    "You canít connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards." - Steve Jobs

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I assume most of you drive the ZHP daily and that most (if not all) of you have driven normal 330's or other E46's. So, are we confirming that the ZHP rack is mechanically similar to the normal 330 rack. If not, is there truly any additional steering feel? And if so, is it really noticeable? Don't mean to pick a fight, I know this is a touchy subject on other BMW forums. I'm genuinely curious to hear from the people that experience ZHP steering the most
    I used to have a 2003 330Ci ZSP and I would argue it felt like it had a larger steering rack ratio than my current 2005 330Ci ZHP. But I can't confirm that claim though since I haven't driven my 2003 for three years.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    1,614
    Based on this thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...are*-different

    I can only say there is no certain answer. I don't know if more digging has been done since.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Main County
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I used to have a 2003 330Ci ZSP and I would argue it felt like it had a larger steering rack ratio than my current 2005 330Ci ZHP. But I can't confirm that claim though since I haven't driven my 2003 for three years.
    Larger as in more turns?

    Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Based on this thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...are*-different

    I can only say there is no certain answer. I don't know if more digging has been done since.
    Yup. I found that quote on the E46 forums. It sounds like this endless debate that never ends conclusively. Thanks for digging that up! Good read

    | My YouTube Channel | Instagram (WIP) |FS: Steering wheel controls |

    BMWCCA GGC: 530872
    "You canít connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards." - Steve Jobs

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I used to have a 2003 330Ci ZSP and I would argue it felt like it had a larger steering rack ratio than my current 2005 330Ci ZHP. But I can't confirm that claim though since I haven't driven my 2003 for three years.
    was it a pre-3/03 build car?
    peter

    2009 BMW 335i M Sport 6MT

    2007 BMW X3 3.0si M Sport 6MT

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    9,064
    I had to dig around to find the VIN, but the build sheet states it was built 2003-01-16, so yeah, pre 3/03.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •