Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Still, it won't be worse than leaving salt on the car for an extended period.
    I'm sure you're correct. Have never had to worry about that, so it's not part of my thinking. But, yes, I would agree with that.

wash, i understand. I manage complexes like yours. its typical to not allow car washing, even in condo complexes where you own your unit. buy a house with a nice garage, and get started!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    wash, i understand. I manage complexes like yours. its typical to not allow car washing, even in condo complexes where you own your unit. buy a house with a nice garage, and get started!
    Could you please explain why?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

^Water usage.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ^Water usage.
    Ah. Well, if he can't spare 30 minutes to wash his car with something like ONR, then there's a problem.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

No.....I was saying that's why apartment complexes may noy let you wash car....as water bill/utilities may be included in rent.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If it were me, I would look for one of those coin operated car washes and at least pressure wash the car. With road salts etc, the undercarriage would be the dirtiest and would be the place I would spend the most time. Also, rinsing out all of the crevices, door jambs, etc. I wouldn't use the broom/wash thingies though. The bad grime comes from accumulated dirt in tough to see or reach areas.

Fortunately, I have a hand wash place right by my work. While they don't do as good a job as I would, they do a good enough job for me and keeps me from throwing my back out again and again.

Another thing you may want to do is buddy up with someone who DOES own a house and will let you use their garage/hose etc in exchange for some beer and pizza. You can get all of your microfiber towels, wash mitts etc. online.

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    BP, that's why I haven't put my cars through those things. I'm worried about the harshness of the chemicals.
    I don’t think the chemicals are any worse than normal auto store products, but the high pressure spray on the black trim is not good for sure. I also think the high force drying blowers may be bad for a car, I took my e30 through one to get the salt off and it sounded like my roof was collapsing or a tornado was moving over my car, that might weaken the integrity of the paint.

We need to hear from 2M Autobody on this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited by danewilson77; 02-04-2011 at 04:16 AM.

I'll grab Dave.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast