Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Khoalty Products Review - E46 M3

So I wanted to put down my impressions on the products I ordered from Khoalty, as well as Khoalty as a whole - just to give some objective info as well as possibly provide some feedback for the company to reflect upon.

Matte black grille and side grille combo package.
    -Standard plastic black grilles which are exactly what I paid for, no complaints there. My only concern is with the small emblems they include. They are noticeably different (at least to me) and look like a cheap 3rd party knockoff which isn't the look I am going for here.

Cree reverse lights
    -Great product, had them in my ZHP, exactly what I ordered

LED angel eyes
    -Will report back after installing. I am kinda upset no install instructions are given out with them.

LED interior lighting package
    -Lights are great but again, no instructions are given with these to tell me which lights go where. Sure I can use my intuition but again, how hard would it be to give me the sizes and locations of where it all is supposed to go?

Painted Reflectors
    -Look good, maybe bordering great. Paint match is pretty close though I can tell a little off. It's entirely possible that my 9 yr old car has some fade to it so that would be why there is a very slim difference in color.

Smoked side markers
    -I thought I ordered medium smoked and these look pretty dark smoked. I would have liked better description on the website as they list 3 choices of: clear, smoked and eurosmoked (m3 only) yet the photos of them have them listed in like 6 different variations, a little confusing. I might be sending these back for just the regular clears.

Black M3 emblems
    -Even though this was the smallest item in my cart, I was the most disappointed by it. They are nothing like the real emblems (or some of the others I've ordered in the past from places like JLeviSW/Modbargains). First and foremost, the sticker they give you, well it looks like crap compared to OEM. The red is more like orange, they look faded (because its just colors printed on matte paper instead of glossy or even glossed over) and the 3 was noticeably smaller than the OEM 3 emblem. I was really looking forward to this, as I do it to all of my cars but this item is going back and I will be looking for others or having iND just paint my silver ones.

The items all arrived pretty quickly coming from California which I appreciated but the last little bit of criticism I have was that the order didn't come with a receipt, hell it doesn't even come with a packing list to make sure everything I ordered was there (I had to double back to my email to check). I know we are all out to save the rainforest and not waste paper and all of that, but when I drop a few hundred bucks on some items I want a copy of everything I just bought and how much it was for my records. I would rather not have to dig up the email and print that, as it also doesn't translate to the same thing when handing over the batch of receipts to a new owner - anyone can make up an email receipt. Give me the hard copy, I believe I paid for it.
    Last edited by UdubBadger; 05-17-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Great write up - I've been looking/waiting for somebody to do a general review of Khoalty products.

Very good review. BTW, I needed to google what does "Go HAM" mean.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    ...I was really looking forward to this, as I do it to all of my cars but this item is going back and I will be looking for others or having iND just paint my silver ones.
    Good feedback. I recommend plastidip for the badges.

Yeah but I wanted a nice smooth matte finish. Everything I plasti-dip has texture to it so I will likely get iND to do it or maybe order from Bimmian.
    Call me Seth

Wow. Are they kidding with that rear emblem? What garbage.

yep and I was just told Bimmian/JleviSW don't carry them anymore either because of copyrighted issues with BMW. Looks like iND will be painting that for me as well.
    Call me Seth

Crestwood1001 Guest
    Get in touch with them about a replacement, I can't speak for those specific pieces but every time I have had an issue with something from them they have taken care of it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Already done my friend. Waiting to hear back.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth

Crestwood1001 Guest
    I'd be surprised if they don't at least send ya a replacement, they just replaced a burned angle eye ring for me 9 months after I bought it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast