Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Agreed Upon Value Insurance

OK - I was just thinking about 'what happens if' someone hits my car, the airbag deploys, I get a dent and the insurance adjusters decide to declare the vehicle a total loss. Not good. I like MY car and if there's nothing structurally wrong with it, I would have it repaired. And I'm not particularly interested in dealing with the insurance CO to deal with 'buying' it back and getting screwed in the process...

I came across 'Agreed Upon Value' insurance for collectible, rare and not special vehicles. For $453.00 they will insure the car for an agreed upon value of 15k.

Anyone carry or have any experience with this type of insurance product?
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Hrm, a very interesting consideration. I haven't ever heard of this type of insurance, but it sounds just about right for our type of cars / enthusiasts. In for more info . . .

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

+1 for more info! I assume $453 is a one time payment? Or is it annual? How is the $15k adjusted for additional mileage, depreciation, etc?
    Fuelly

I have stated value antique auto insurance on my 2002 through a company called JC Taylor. I know there are others as well that offer similar enthusiast packages. Some offer modified vehicle packages as well.

My policy limits my use of the vehicle and has other restrictions, but the price fully supports is totally worth it for what is all but a garage queen.

147.00 annually for 16k stated value and typical comprehensive coverage.

While it doesnt apply to the ZHP, it is a similar variation That I thought someone may benefit knowledge thereof.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

www.lelandwest.com

Sounds like Toddness might be on to something... Although - the lelandwest thing was unlimited mileage.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

It's pretty common for hot rods and classic cars. Usually for low annual mileage. I may plan on changing my corvette to that down the road. Helps with mods/rare color combos/etc
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

I use Hagerty Insurance for my TR8. They specialize in classics, etc.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I use this type of insurance for my 1970 Boss 302 - it has strict limitations on where car is stored, driven, etc. My policy requires a secure garage and car cannot be used for commute, etc.

Not sure of correct phrase, but most insurers have a bridge policy to pay off a car if totaled and car is valued less than payoff.

Mine doesn't have those restrictions. Standard insurance companies will not recognize the real value of the car, only "blue book". So, this group (or others like it) will ensure the car for what it's worth but they don't charge you like that. The reason is because they know these types of cars are well taken care of and usually not driven often, so it makes sense for them to take that minimal risk. I'm guessing you could ask what Ranger said, which is a "bridge" policy.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I could have used this 2 weeks ago. Insurance company totaled my 325i out, but it is all M3 where it counts so the payout was way lower than the actual value in the car. I certainly can't replace what I have with what they paid out, but it was my fault for being underinsured.

Wonder if they would do that type of coverage on a salvage title?
    2003 325i JAPANROT with some engine mods...currently undergoing an unscheduled front end rebuild