Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    And just so no one takes my comment the wrong way, I do agree, that photography is a hell of a lot of work, and the photo's you took at the meet are greatly appreciated.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Agree to a point.

I think Mark is very good at getting the shot he wants.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he went to the Grand Canyon, 1000 miles away, to take 2 clicks. One sunset, one sunrise.....and have both be winners.
    You find a "process" that you can rely on 99% of the time for the most part. When it's your job or serious hobby, it's like being comfortable working with any kind of tool: a, wrench a computer program, a chef's knife, a rifle... I'm sure you all get what I mean.

The issue I see far too often is that the DSLR has become so easily available to all consumers that they most of the time believe they can pick one up and not learn how to properly use it and be Ansel Adams.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Kyle's pretty good at getting the shot he wants too. It just takes more than one stutter opening.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Great shots Kyle... I think you have an advantage as you have Ryan and her sweet car to use as a subject to practice your skillz.... keep it up buddy!!!

Mark showed me some pics on his iPad and believe me, they are freaking gorgeous... im not into photography, but the Boss Emeritus and I agreed that its not just the camera that makes a good pic, the photographer also needs to have the 'eye' to see things differently and capture it... and obviously, he has both...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

Those shots look good, great work Kyle.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    You find a "process" that you can rely on 99% of the time for the most part. When it's your job or serious hobby, it's like being comfortable working with any kind of tool: a, wrench a computer program, a chef's knife, a rifle... I'm sure you all get what I mean.

The issue I see far too often is that the DSLR has become so easily available to all consumers that they most of the time believe they can pick one up and not learn how to properly use it and be Ansel Adams.
    I'm pretty certain all you need is a good camera to get great shots. As Mark said, just because you have a good oven doesn't mean you're a good chef.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I agree with all... Having a good camera doesn't even come close to doing the trick. You need a lot of practice and skill for sure. I have neither. In addition, you need to have the right editing software and again, tons more practice and skill...

Photography is NOT easy, that's for sure...

Props and thanks to all of you that do it so well.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I'm pretty certain all you need is a good camera to get great shots. As Mark said, just because you have a good oven doesn't mean you're a good chef.
    For me it's more of what I'm used to honestly. I don't shoot cars that often, it's not what I'm into. I think that including this meet I've shot cars a total of 7 days. I will admit that I had a good time shooting cars at the meet but it's not something I'd wake up for in the morning and do on my own. I enjoy shooting cars for the people that are in them I guess. That's what I've found to be the case thus far at least.

Ryan will attest that I will however wake up before dawn and hit the woods for the photography that I love to do. That mostly consists of wildflowers, birds, waterfalls, etc. I'm just getting into landscape photography a little more but it doesn't really do it for me either, not yet.

I'm trying to branch out on what I photograph...get out of my comfort zone....and I'm really glad that you guys like the photos. I appreciate it a bunch.

Here is the best I got with my d5100 and phone editing app

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Here is the best I got with my d5100 and phone editing app

So you shot with a D5100 then edited with your phone?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast