Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: DICE

DICE

I have a DICE system for my ipod and it's awesome.

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

I just bought my ZHP this weekend - It has some kind of Dice iPod connector and no CD changer. I am going to investigate how it works, but I don't have an iPod yet. I plugged in my wife's iPod and it played but I don't see any song listings and I could not control the iPod with the steering wheel buttons. I guess that I have a lot to learn...any tips would be appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP-FTW View Post
    I have a DICE system for my ipod and it's awesome.
    You don't have any problems with it?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMotorist View Post
    I just bought my ZHP this weekend - It has some kind of Dice iPod connector and no CD changer. I am going to investigate how it works, but I don't have an iPod yet. I plugged in my wife's iPod and it played but I don't see any song listings and I could not control the iPod with the steering wheel buttons. I guess that I have a lot to learn...any tips would be appreciated...
    Yeah the way mine is set up I can't see text/songs on the navi screen and don't have steering wheel controls for the Ipod either.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You don't have any problems with it?
    No problems so to speak, just the above mention lack of features I guess. At first it took a few tries with different integration control modules because I got some nasty feedback sounds but eventually got the bugs worked out.

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

Gald yours is problem free.
    However, I have heard the DICE and I (being a rather picky person about sound) thought sound quality sucked ass compared to my USA Spec. Dice may have 1 or 2 more features, but it also seems laden with glitches (check out the threads on bimmerfest and $46fanatics, 90% of them are about problems) - my USA Spec has been rock solid and GREAT sound quality, and full steering wheel controls. It's also 100% metal, whereas the DICE is all plastic. If your DICE ever gets glitchy, I'd seriously consider the USA Spec.

Also read Delmarco's comparo of the 2 devices (just google "delmarco DICE USA Spec")
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Thanks, good to know

My DICE works just fine, hadn't heard the audio on the USA Spec so I couldn't compare, but it DOES show the track names, etc on the NAV screen... not sure if the installer had to do anything special for it, but I doubt it. I just look at the IPOD screen anyway. If my DICE does act up (occasionally but not enough for me to have serious issues, I just unplug/plug the cable to the DICE unit and that does the trick. john
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture