Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Keep in mind these cars are at a minimum 6 years old at this point. A pre painted bumper will not likely be a paint match. Not worth it IMO.

Khoalty bumper fits great, have one on my car. Plus as a matter of dealing Khoa on a personal level, his service is second to none. He is a stand up guy. Would definitely recommend.

Crestwood1001 Guest
    The good thing is my car is black, don't remmeber the name off the top of my head but it's just black, no pearl or anything in it, that leads me to believe it wouldn't be to hard to match, and anything is an improvement over my fro t end now. Casey I'll keep that in mind because iv had issues with their service in the past so if he needs a kick in the ass I'll hit you up. :

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

(resurrecting old thread, I know)

I just ordered a pre-painted front M-Tech II from Tim at Umnitza. Phoned in the order and saved quite a bit on door-to-door shipping & paint compared to what the website cart listed. They knocked $25 off paint and D2D shipping was only $10 more than Greyhound (instead of $75 more shown on website). $475 all-in.

I'll try to post follow-up once it arrives and I get it installed.

^im sure there are a lot of road rashed bumper owners hoping for positive feedback.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    ^im sure there are a lot of road rashed bumper owners hoping for positive feedback.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.
    Just to add to the khoalty bumper, I've had mine painted and installed for about a year now. No fitment issues. Don't get the support bracket that khoalty sells, I bought it and in the install my mechanic told me it didn't fit.

Last edited by Newjack; 10-01-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

I thought about doing this. Painting bumpers out here around $150-250 depending on what paint they use. plus bumper plus shipping.

My aftermarket bumper was pretty damn good.
    In the market for an E90 M3

most of the vendors get them from suvneer or jl-motoring. So where ever you buy, you going to get the same product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird-Dog View Post
    (resurrecting old thread, I know)

I just ordered a pre-painted front M-Tech II from Tim at Umnitza. Phoned in the order and saved quite a bit on door-to-door shipping & paint compared to what the website cart listed. They knocked $25 off paint and D2D shipping was only $10 more than Greyhound (instead of $75 more shown on website). $475 all-in.

I'll try to post follow-up once it arrives and I get it installed.
    Finally got around to installing the front bumper cover I got from Umnitza. Fit is good and paint match is perfect. The plastic "push rivets" on my original that attach the cover to the bumper bar (coupe & convertible) were busted up, so I just used nuts and bolts (Allen head M5's) and they're a lot more secure felt than the pushies.

One thing I'll mention - not sure if it's a positive or a negative. These aftermarket covers do not have slots for reflectors (coupe & convertible). That's probably a plus for most, considering how many e46 owners replace them with painted ones anyway. But, for those "in the know" it will be obvious that it's not OEM.

Nevertheless, this was a great deal and a fairly easy DIY. Very glad I ordered it pre-painted.

I'll try to remember to get some photos to post when the weather clears up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird-Dog View Post
    Finally got around to installing the front bumper cover I got from Umnitza. Fit is good and paint match is perfect. The plastic "push rivets" on my original that attach the cover to the bumper bar (coupe & convertible) were busted up, so I just used nuts and bolts (Allen head M5's) and they're a lot more secure felt than the pushies.

One thing I'll mention - not sure if it's a positive or a negative. These aftermarket covers do not have slots for reflectors (coupe & convertible). That's probably a plus for most, considering how many e46 owners replace them with painted ones anyway. But, for those "in the know" it will be obvious that it's not OEM.

Nevertheless, this was a great deal and a fairly easy DIY. Very glad I ordered it pre-painted.

I'll try to remember to get some photos to post when the weather clears up.
    Ressurecting this thread again....

Bird-dog, have you had a chance to get photos yet? I'm about to pull the trigger on this and tryign to decide which way to go.

Also- Anyone have experience putting a coupe bumper on a sedan? I don't really care for the rub strips on the sedan bumper and would like a cleaner look.
    Sold- But not forgotten
    04 Silbergrau/6MT/Silver Cube
    Silbergrau Uberlegen Ist!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast