Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone using E90 strut mount/drop hats?

Was told by a tech I could use these for a minimal drop. I think he said you can get a 1/2".

I'm just starting to put together a 'suspension refresh' using stock springs/sway bars.

Here's is my list so far:

Front:

FSD struts
    E90 strut tops/ Plates'
    Z4M fcab
    F Control Arms
    Sway Bar bushings

Rear:

FSD shocks
    Rear shock mounts/plates
    M3 rtab/Limiters
    R Sway Bar bushings

*Maybe endlinks F/R..not sure but if they show any wear they'll get replaced

Anything you'd add to this? I'm calling it my Average Joe ZHP Suspension refresh part 1. Part 2 will include springs/sway bars. All aimed at making a good performing DD for the average Joe (or Jill)

One more question. Does Pro Flex make bushings for our stock sway bars? I have Pro Flex sway bushings on my stock xi front bar and it does make a dif'
    Last edited by MooseX; 05-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Request P/N for drop hat.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

#3130 6775 098 (97) lemforder

I think PowerFlex makes poly swaybar bushings in 23mm and 24mm (and other sizes), and the stock front ZHP bars is 23.5mm. (Stock rear might be 19mm.)

my buddy is and he loves them

I guess I could stuff the 24'mm into the 23.5.

Isn't the rear bar 18.5?

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I think PowerFlex makes poly swaybar bushings in 23mm and 24mm (and other sizes), and the stock front ZHP bars is 23.5mm. (Stock rear might be 19mm.)
    I bread somewhere on e46 fanatics that a guy used the 23mm bushings on the zhp sway bar. They were tight but they did fit.

I also read from I think vorshlags site that poly bushings are really bad. I don't know enough to dispute their claim, just throwing this out there.

You have mount plates on your list. Do you mean the reinforcement plates? Also if that koni kit your getting doesn't come with spring pads dust boots etc, ecstuning has a kit for like $300 something that comes with all the hardware you need. Gaskets OEM reinforcement plates for front and rear along with dust boots oem rear shock mounts spring pads, seems like a solid deal so I picked that up when I bought my h&r touring cup kit.

List looks good op.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

He used 23mm bushings on a 23.5 bar? Don't you mean a 24? I believe my xi bushings were 1/2 milleter bigger than the bar and they were no problem to press in

Oops I forgot rear shock mounts..

yeah I meant the reinforcement plates F/R

Poly is OK if you lube it right. The ones on my xi have been on for over a year with no squeek'. It's all in the quality and amount of grease. Plus I make sure the car is on the ground 'till I fully tighten the mounts.

I fine out now that E90 drop hats part # split in 6/08'. I'm curious to know which ones fit E46..before the split or after?

I've ordered most of the stuff on the list. Still sniffing around for sources for>

Lemforder Lower Control Arms, Strut reinforcement plates, rear shock mount plates and Z4M LCA offset bushing. So many choices for vendors...If you've got a favorite vendor let me know as I'm just buttoning up all this ordering before the end of the day.

*Note: I went ahead and ordered POWERFLEX Sway bushings...24mm F/19mm R

That part # I posted earlier is wrong.doh

I called the dealer in Reno on the z4m coupe LCA bushings and they're price is 105 per side for the bushing w/bracket... Far cry from 56 for both

The list just keeps growing. I added, StopTech brake lines,F Sway Bar links and Tie Rods. I think that should cover it....yeah right haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast