Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I just got the Griots 6 inch for $119!
    use coupon code 'ship50' to get free shipping - it worked for me !
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Excellent. With all these new buffers in the family, the shine from the ZHP fleet should be easily visible from space
    JEFF
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    04 330Ci ZHP | Imola Red | Black Leather | 6MT | BMW Performance Intake | BMW Performance Shift Knob | BMW Performance Strut Bar
    Homelink | BMW Alarm | BMW Aux | Interior LED Retrofit | XM Radio | Imola/Matte Grilles | Yakima Whispbar Roof Rack | Ultimate Cupholders

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    I just got the Griots 6 inch for $119!
    That's the plan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    use coupon code 'ship50' to get free shipping - it worked for me !
    Thanks even better!

Quote Originally Posted by jgt_zhp View Post
    Excellent. With all these new buffers in the family, the shine from the ZHP fleet should be easily visible from space
    LOL!
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Raising this thread from the dead... I think it is time for me to get up to speed on polishers, etc. as my car is in need of some paint correction including some light dullness/fading on top of the bumpers from what I can only assume is from the car living in FL for 11 years. FWIW I'm new to car detailing beyond hand waxing in days gone by.

1.) Are there any new opinions on the Griots vs. Porter Cable 7424XP polishers? Any good deals on either that are known currently?

2.) What do the counterweights sold for the PC do, and are counterweights a consideration for the Griots as well?

3.) Does it make sense to get smaller (4" or 5") Lake Country backing plates for whichever polisher I choose?

4.) I think I'll circle back to pads and products after I determine the polisher, but is there anything else I should consider in preparing to learn detailing?

2004 Jet Black Sedan

Euro Mirrors, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Tinted Windows, Aluminum Water Pump Pulley, Etc.

I have a PC. I fact I used it today on some scratches on the trunk where the PO had mounted a SiriusXm antenna.
    I like the polisher. I'd definitely go with 4" plate and pads as the larger ones are hard to work with on smaller areas. I went with that size today on the boot lid.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ClimRox View Post
    Raising this thread from the dead... I think it is time for me to get up to speed on polishers, etc. as my car is in need of some paint correction including some light dullness/fading on top of the bumpers from what I can only assume is from the car living in FL for 11 years. FWIW I'm new to car detailing beyond hand waxing in days gone by.

1.) Are there any new opinions on the Griots vs. Porter Cable 7424XP polishers? Any good deals on either that are known currently?

We will be running a special as well as putting some new kits up on the site shortly

2.) What do the counterweights sold for the PC do, and are counterweights a consideration for the Griots as well?

No need for the counterweight on the Griot's it is set up for the 6 inch and 5 inch machine.

3.) Does it make sense to get smaller (4" or 5") Lake Country backing plates for whichever polisher I choose?

Yes it will make sense to get a 3 inch bp for the 4 inch pads.

4.) I think I'll circle back to pads and products after I determine the polisher, but is there anything else I should consider in preparing to learn detailing?
    Pick up the Griot's we stopped selling the PC's awhile ago - the Griots is backed by a lifetime warranty against factory defects, and it has more power.

Thanks for the replies! I'll keep an eye out for the upcoming special, and I'll post up here or in another thread when I have my arms wrapped around the products I'll need.

Is it a general rule that the bp is 1" smaller than the pad?

Any other opinions on polishers or products is certainly welcome.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black Sedan

Euro Mirrors, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Tinted Windows, Aluminum Water Pump Pulley, Etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast