Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jgt_zhp View Post
    I just ordered the Griot's "Plus Kit" from Phil. It's on sale for $199. Using their Memorial Day coupon code, and their Memorial Day $8.88 flat shipping offer, the Griot's machine with the 5" vented backing plate and 10 pads was $178 shipped. That's more than competitive with the prices I've been pulling on PCs.
    Good idea. What color pads did you go with? Not sure I need the yellow.

I think the same way. I went with no yellows, and bumped up the blues and blacks. Not planning on a lot of heavy paint correction.
    JEFF
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    04 330Ci ZHP | Imola Red | Black Leather | 6MT | BMW Performance Intake | BMW Performance Shift Knob | BMW Performance Strut Bar
    Homelink | BMW Alarm | BMW Aux | Interior LED Retrofit | XM Radio | Imola/Matte Grilles | Yakima Whispbar Roof Rack | Ultimate Cupholders

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    ^ Can you explain why the PC is "outdated" and why the Griot's is worth that much more? Also interested on your thoughts on 6" backing plate Vs. 4". Thanks.
    sure thing for the same list price which is I believe $139.95.

the Griots has more power and a lifetime warranty against mfg defects, the 3rd gen is also easy to handle as the base is more fit for most hands. The PC is bulky.

I prefer to use 5 inch pads over 6 because we get more precise corrections, 4 inch and 3 inch pads are great for tight spots and spot correction.

I have not touched our PC in our shop now for 2 years. We use it to demo how much weaker it is over the Griots.

I've been super happy with the PC. Accidentally backed over it with a car once and it still looks and works like its brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    sure thing for the same list price which is I believe $139.95.

the Griots has more power and a lifetime warranty against mfg defects, the 3rd gen is also easy to handle as the base is more fit for most hands. The PC is bulky.

I prefer to use 5 inch pads over 6 because we get more precise corrections, 4 inch and 3 inch pads are great for tight spots and spot correction.

I have not touched our PC in our shop now for 2 years. We use it to demo how much weaker it is over the Griots.
    Also, I THINK the GG comes with the hook/loop 6" backing plate, right? PC doesn't - you have to buy it separately.
    (correct me if I am wrong, pls)
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    I've been super happy with the PC. Accidentally backed over it with a car once and it still looks and works like its brand new.

Yea, I once again I've had my PC for like 4-5 years and its fine.

The XP version has more power than the typical one, which I own but in the scheme of things the differences amount all the brands are negligible.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Also, I THINK the GG comes with the hook/loop 6" backing plate, right? PC doesn't - you have to buy it separately.
    (correct me if I am wrong, pls)
    Yes, the GG comes with a 6" backing plate. I opted for a 5" backing plate so that I could run slightly smaller pads. It looks really nice, perhaps I'll get to use it soon.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

nice - I ordered the 3" plate ...with 3 pack 3" orange GG pads..
    and got 4 of 6.5" lake county CCS white pads
    Now I only need the actual GG buffer :
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast