Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use a Network Attached Storage unit with RAID-enabled Terabyte drives. If a drive fails, no worries; the other drive still carries the data, and you can swap out the bad drive and it will replicate once that's done.
    BUT, the safest AND best way is to have two backups of your data. So, have a copy off of your computer, AND an off-site location if it's data that you cannot afford to lose.
    The problem with carbonite is that it's a recurring charge. For many of us, it's an extra bill we don't want.

Personally, I have lots of data I don't want to lose, but wouldn't make me lose my job or some other major aspect of my life if it got destroyed, so I just keep my RAID-enabled NAS and leave it at that.
    Agreed. Not excited about the recurring charge. But thats about the cheapest I can find - considering the unlimited data.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Glad to hear you got a good deal on it. Was that through the twit.tv affiliate deal?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    Glad to hear you got a good deal on it. Was that through the twit.tv affiliate deal?
    No-- Just went to their website and they had one, two, and three year deals available. Think it was $54 for one $99 for two, and $129 for three.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

No-- Just went to their website and they had one, two, and three year deals available. Think it was $54 for one $99 for two, and $129 for three.
    Great! I'll have to check it out again.

I would highly suggest crashplan. Did a lot of research and they seem to be the best. I used to use mozy, but their client took up a completely unacceptable amount of cpu threads. Crashplan is incredibly light though- you honestly don't know it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    I would highly suggest crashplan. Did a lot of research and they seem to be the best. I used to use mozy, but their client took up a completely unacceptable amount of cpu threads. Crashplan is incredibly light though- you honestly don't know it's there.
    Is there any benefit to Crashplan free. Use laymen terms please.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

What brands of external drives should you look for?

I'm thinking at just starting at 500GB. I won't shoot that much to fill it up.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I have heard good things about Seagate...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I use a Western Digital dual 500GB Raid setup. I set windows to use a custom drive letter near the end of the alphabet. I use SyncToy 2.1 from Microsoft to cross sync selected folders on my notebook, as well as an archive folder on my external to store the stuff I don't need on my notebook anymore. Nice and easy! Every time I do a large change of files, I plug in my external Hd, load synctoy, and click sync all.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    What brands of external drives should you look for?

I'm thinking at just starting at 500GB. I won't shoot that much to fill it up.
    Lacie makes the best external drives. You'll pay a premium for them though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast