Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    How'd it go?
    haven't actually tried it yet, maybe this afternoon I'll try it on the E38

Very nice look Washy.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I've had similar results with fk 425. A month or more of beading and a reflection and slickness second to none.

Some things I would like to mention about the Sonax Brill Shine:

This 'qd' had no cleaning power whatsoever. On my white BMW, on the last occasion (reflections pic) SBS was applied AFTER a simple, but effective quick cleaning with Auto Finesse Citrus, and wiped dry, so the surface was already clean...
    On the other occasion (water beading) no cleaning was done immediately prior to applying Sonax to the hood, but the car has been in the garage after an ONR wash...so it none/very little dirt on it - clean surface pretty much.

On my wife's Mazda i tried it one time on a slightly dirty/dusty surface and it made a mess - did not clean the grime/dusty areas OR bird poo - felt like I was waxing more than applying a QD - the stuff is THICK too, almost milky. I stopped immediately and used AF Citrus and water to clean it - never thought to repeat Sonax on that occasion..

My other 2 QDs i had, Poorboys'QD and Meg's Ultimate QD, BOTH are able to clean such slightly dirty surfaces and give it some shine. No cleaning with Sonax though... however, the shine and depth the Sonax gives on a clean surface seems much more impressive and durable and effective at beading water than the other 2 'normal' QDs I mentioned - So I am ok with giving a quick wipe with AF Citrus and using this to get this great result...

so yeah this looks more like a quick wax/selant type of thing now...a good one though -

however, naming it a QD is rather iffy I think, as one NORMALLY expects some cleaning ability with a QD.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

^agreed, it's a good product but I'm not blown off my socks by it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12