Hello all, the time has finally come. After the previous owner and my self came into a few encounters with curbs and a couple other unanimous objects, I have gotten the wheels refinished. Not only did the wheels have severe curb rash, but also pitting/discoloration from brake dust and other elements. I figured now was a great time to have this done because I am also getting new rubber on the wheels (michelin pilot super sports) and figure I could save a few bucks because the tires are already being dismounted and mounted by the tire installer. I wish I took before pics of the wheels but did not. This process should be said and done with by tomorrow evening or Saturday. I will post pics with the finished product when the wheels are mounted on the car. I took the wheels to the best place around town (metro Detroit area) which does work for all the high end dealerships and was recommended by numerous references. I paid $125 (on par to other quotes by lesser shops) per wheel which includes a complete restoration, straightening, and powder coat with stock silver color. I was debating whether to go with a hyper silver but the extra cost did not justify it and I knew what I was getting with the stock color. I have been told after this restoration, the whees will look basically brand new! I am super excited because I feel the wheels are a large part of a cars appearance and my curbed wheels have always been the weakest point of my car when everything else is practically perfect on it.

A brief time line of the events is as follow
-Monday May 6, Went to local tire shop and ordered tires
-Tuesday May 7, Put winter wheels on, brought the ZHP wheels to tire shop to have them dismount tires
-Wednesday May 8, Picked up wheels at tire shop with unmounted tires, brought the wheels to restoration shop
Friday May 9, Picking up wheels from restoration shop, bring them to tire shop to have tires mounted and balanced, put them in SUV and bring them back home where I will put them on the car.

PICS OF WHEELS WILL HOPEFULLY COME TOMORROW