Did my regular self-check-up of the car today. I arrived back from vacation to notice that my oil was about 1L low. This is very concerning, as a week ago I swear it was full. This is just after a 600 mile trip. The car's been behaving quite normally and the exhaust during revs appears normal...

I had the car parked for 5 days and did not observe any drips or spills in the parking spot! I also looked around in the engine bay from above and could not find any oil leaks. It's bone dry. I do however have the lower splash guard panel still installed so maybe that's hiding it? I'll monitor it some more...

I thought it could be the CCV so I turned on the engine and opened up the oil cap to listen for any suction (no signs). I did notice that I have another problem though, a vacuum leak. It's very, very loud and it sounds like it's coming from the DISA on the driver's side.

Luckily I have my bro's E39 530i to compare to, we started that car up as well to compare and I definitely have a vacuum leak of sorts. I have no dash warning lights, and am just about to head back out into the frigid cold to run a scan for codes.

I am really new to this, so any help/tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys. Looks like 2014 isn't agreeing with my car.