This may or may not be the appropriate location for this thread, but I though I'd start here - if it were deemed valuable enough, it could even be a "sticky" here (clearly with much more input from the experts in our community here).

Mostly, I simply want to share my thoughts based on my own personal experience shopping for a ZHP over the past several months, and see what others think. But it may also be helpful for shoppers as well as sellers to get an idea of the market on our beloved ZHPs. As we all know, the popular online pricing resources don't necessarily take into account the "real" market for these. Fact is, we enthusiasts more or less drive the market on such cars.

So I sort of formulated "tiers" in my mind based primarily on mileage. Obviously, when we're talking about these 8-12 year old cars, each one can bring its own unique nature, but mileage is likely the most significant factor, with the assumption that the condition is reflective of the mileage. And body style has some impact as well, though it seems that each of them has its own set of followers. Here's what I've seen:

1. Mileage greater than 100k - $7-8k up to $10-11k

1. Good mileage (70k - 90k) - $10-11k up to $13-14k

1. Very good mileage (50k - 60k) - $14k - $18k

1. Rare low mileage (20k - 40k) - $18k on up to low $20k's

What's nice about the market is generally there's a ZHP out there for everyone.