Long time no E46 but I’m back!

Cousin had the twin to my old Whitexi still 12 years later and she was parked for 4 years in need of TLC. Long story short I had the option to take her so I did. To much history to just see it go to the scrap yard, and it’s also a 325xi.

I wanted a second car anyway to help relieve my X5 35d of constant use. Plus it gives me leeway to not rush when working on either.

Day 1: I got to see what I was working with, she started right up. As it sat with 199,500 miles it had a exhaust leak at the front flange. All 4 door vapor seals leaked allowing water inside, needed rear shocks, heater blower, a major cleaning and various other things.

Finally home!

Failed vapor barrier

Failed vapor barrier

Before wash

After first wash

After many washes I started the paint correction process.

First paint reconditioning done.

Cleaned inside

Cleaned inside

First maiden voyage.

Glued this back together.

Seized blower motor caused the FSR to basically burst into flames. Smoked started bellowing from the dash but I caught it in time. New FSR and used blower and she’s back in business.

This by far was the worst thing I have ever dealt with on any of my vehicles. So many drill bits and. 20 hours later and I was able to get it back together.

Recovered the A and C pillars. However I will have to grab replacements at some point since the plastic is extremely brittle.

Drivers side window regulator, no surprise here lol.

Some new tires, minor maintenance and slowly bringing it back. I love driving this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk