Mafia,

I have yet another issue with the ZHP and am hoping some of you may have some insight. Recently, past 3 or 4 days, I've noticed a very odd smell, in between electrical fire & burning rubber, coming from my front driver's side wheel. I was driving along the other day and noticed a smell while moving along some side streets and just assumed it was another car on the road. Once I parked (22 mile drive home, mostly highway) I could immediately tell the smell was coming from my car.

The car has new tire rods, lower control arms, and new control arm bushings. Brake pads and rotors are relatively new, with no major grooves or scouring in them. I do need new struts, but this has been on my to do list for awhile now and there has been no smell up til now.

I've read around online and most threads suggest checking the brakes which I will do, but I don't know if it is a brake smell. Its def not boiling brake fluid as I know that very distinctive smell. I have access to a very nice Flir E6 thermal imaging camera, so my intention is to try and locate a source of excessive heat but in the meantime, any suggestions would be great.

Smell is definitely coming from the front driver wheel well, so my thoughts are something that moves in that area is the cause, but its odd because it almost smells like burning electronics. I will probably go get my front wheels balanced and aligned to eliminate this as a possible cause.

Unfortunately, this is all the insight / information I have at the moment. Any ideas Mafia? Let me know!