Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I am going to try to take on the project of creating a mold and making my own carbon fiber diffusor. It may take a little while, however my goal is to be able to replicate the splitter multiple times while have a quality carbon fiber product. I learned a lot about carbon fiber fabrication from my father after he had training on aircraft structural components involving carbon fiber. I'm not sure about the material of the eBay or other diffusers as far as 100% carbon fiber goes, because im pretty sure most have a plastic or fiberglass base which is then wrapped in CF. If I create the mold, I plan to make the components entirely out of carbon fiber. I have to plan out the process in which I will create the components (room temp cure, vacuum sealed and oven baked, clear coat as opposed to natural shine of the CF resin) also I have to analyze strength concerns due to the fact that it is not a structural part. More strength=costlier product. I'm done with my essay however, and for those of you interested, stay tuned!
In for updates. May want to start a new project thread, that you can update periodically.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!