Morning all!

Trying to trouble shoot my dead climate control unit. Few months ago my unit started acting up, it would occasionally stay off when starting the car, and once stayed on with the fan blowing full blast even after I had removed the keys from the ignition. After doing some reading I ordered a new OE FSR from FCP Euro (MAH-ABR55000S), and after struggling with the installation for a couple of hours I got it all in and buttoned up.

That fixed my problems for a couple of weeks until the unit stopped turning on altogether. I figured it couldn't be the resistor again so this time I took the actual CC unit out and unplugged it and plugged it in again. This gave me another weeks worth of usage before it died again, so I figure it might just be an old CC unit I need to replace.

I bought a "new" unit off eBay this morning, but when retracing my steps I noticed the product # for the FSR on FCP (which was originally marked OE) now has one single star review stating that it worked for 2 weeks before dying.

Should I bother with replacing the climate control unit itself or should I just get a replacement FSR and do the install again?