Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't regret at all ditching a sunroof. That thing annoyed me more than ever

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love having a sunroof-- I just hate the fact that, like many other things on the E46, they found the cheapest parts on the planet with which to construct them.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    they found the cheapest parts on the planet with which to construct them.
    I thought it was the over-engineering we all cherish; some of which looks fantastic on paper and is a complete disaster when executed... At any rate - the sunroof does blow on the E46. If the slider parts break, those can be replaced relatively easy. If the cassette is jacked up, that's another story. Praise the deity of your choice your car is still under CPO warranty.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    I thought it was the over-engineering we all cherish; some of which looks fantastic on paper and is a complete disaster when executed... At any rate - the sunroof does blow on the E46. If the slider parts break, those can be replaced relatively easy. If the cassette is jacked up, that's another story. Praise the deity of your choice your car is still under CPO warranty.
    100% agreed. My 325 snapped a bowden cable, so I had either a $2,200 stealer repair, a $700 second hand cassette to install myself, or an inoperable sunroof. I opted for #3 and then bought the ZHP.

At this point I'll take the new sunshade driver and clips via the CPO and be happy-- I hope.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    At this point I'll take the new sunshade driver and clips via the CPO and be happy-- I hope.
    Based on the scratch on the slider track, I'm hoping you get an entirely new cassette, clips and sunshade driver. The cassette is obviously damaged from other parts failing... Stick it to to the dealer. It'd be nice for someone to steal something back. =>
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Based on the scratch on the slider track, I'm hoping you get an entirely new cassette, clips and sunshade driver. The cassette is obviously damaged from other parts failing... Stick it to to the dealer. It'd be nice for someone to steal something back. =>
    It wouldn't be stealing though.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I like where your head's at.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I just love the e46 sunroof! Not really. I have the wonderful broken shade that decided to get jammed as I was opening it. Luckily I was able to pull out the shade and the sunroof still worked.

Never had an issue with any of my other cars that had sun roofs. BMW needs to get their act together. No wonder former BMW owners are flocking to Audi.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Hope they dealership replaces everything for ya w/out a hassle. So lucky you're under warranty still!

I've just accepted the fact that I have to hold the button the entire time the roof closes. Everything looks good in there, so I'm not sure what else is going on.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

This makes me glad mine doesn't have a sunroof. The hard part would be finding a e46 M3 to replace it with with no sunroof from factory.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast