Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camber Plates

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    I was thinking of getting unlimited tire alignment somewhere and just adjusting the specs prior and afterwards.

i've never heard of this... Kyle, how much did they quote you/are you guessing (or do you have a hookup somewhere?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    i've never heard of this... Kyle, how much did they quote you/are you guessing (or do you have a hookup somewhere?)
    From what I've heard around the grapevine....NTB offers this. But I'm wary of doing this.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I've seen several shops offering lifetime alignments, and expect these programs are designed for folks who might want a new alignment every 1-2 years because they got new tires or hit a curb, not the weekend track/Autox enthusiast. I suspect most lifetime alignment offers have restrictions such as:
    • Only align within stock range (i.e no -2.5 degrees of camber unless that's stock)
    • Only for lifetime of that specific car, not lifetime of the customer
    • Only good at that specific shop, not other shops in same chain
    • Maximum of 2 or 3 alignments per year
    • Doesn't apply to European RWD cars
    • Doesn't apply to tracked cars
    • Doesn't apply if you intentionally changed the settings yourself
    • Doesn't apply to aftermarket camber plates
    • etc.

But if you can find a shop that will give you as many alignments you want, as often as you want, for whatever settings you want, at one flat price, that would be a good deal!

On the camber plates, I've used Turner fixed and Ground Control Street adjustable plates. On the GC Street plates, the "zero" mark is "CL" or "Centerline" and that means stock camber, so -1 and -2 mean stock setting -1 or -2 degrees, respectively, though exact settings will depend on ride height. I have not tried the Vorshlag plates.

Kyle, what did you end up getting?

I'm looking at either Vorshlag or TC Kline as what I will eventually get

$439

$550

Z stuff = TCKlineRacing.com

I've been told that the TC's are a stronger quality product than Vorshlag. I know the Vorshlag ones have a choice spring perches ($0-35 extra), not sure what the deal is with the TC's.

Thanks monkey for posting this! I have been reading about camber forever trying to figure out what I am going to do up front and this thread just made the most sense to me!
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Kyle, what did you end up getting?

I'm looking at either Vorshlag or TC Kline as what I will eventually get

[IMG]http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Product-Pictures/Vorshlag-Camber-Plate-Product/DSC0296/1075158267_pMSfq-L.jpg[/IMG
    $439

[IMG]http://www.bits2pix.com/photos/forsale_images/tckrplates.jpg[/IMG
    $550

Z stuff = TCKlineRacing.com

I've been told that the TC's are a stronger quality product than Vorshlag. I know the Vorshlag ones have a choice spring perches ($0-35 extra), not sure what the deal is with the TC's.
    TC is local, they are located an hour from where I live. I have multiple friends that have TC Kline set-ups and they love it. The whole being local thing is huge too. I could maybe haggle the price too since of these "connections"

I still haven't decided on a plate yet. I've been tossing it back and forth. I want to get them before the season though..because I have fresh RS3s sitting in the garage...I don't want to start to dial it out to -3.5 after 6months of running auto-x on RS3s...that wouldn't work out too well..haha

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    Thanks monkey for posting this! I have been reading about camber forever trying to figure out what I am going to do up front and this thread just made the most sense to me!
    Glad you got some info out of it as well

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

just looking at the pics:

-Vorshlag will dissipate the load to the strut tower better (the spacer they use is quite a bit bigger than TCK)
    -Vorshlag's bearing does look bigger as well.
    -TCK has sliding caster adj. against 3 fixed settings for Vors.

Quality products either way based on reviews.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    The Vorshlag plates really only have two caster settings, but for competition use, it won't matter on an E46, you'll want it at stock caster and max camber, for about -3.5*.

I use the Vorshlag plates and couldn't be happier. Bigger bearing = lasts longer without clunking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12