Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ok so I was going to go to 711 and I thought maybe Ill try my car again. Got in it started it up no lights and it shifted normally, wondering if it could be electrical? Even still I'm going to change the tranny fluid anyway but just thought I would update this thread.

zhp automatic, silver cube, smoked markers, led tail lights, remote start, tinted windows, full leather, blacked out kidney grilles

I just want to say its interesting that it defaults to 5th now. My E32 would default to 3rd when it had tranny issues (don't ask why I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny330zhp View Post
    ok so I was going to go to 711 and I thought maybe Ill try my car again. Got in it started it up no lights and it shifted normally, wondering if it could be electrical? Even still I'm going to change the tranny fluid anyway but just thought I would update this thread.
    A couple of weeks ago my car gave me that same light, only my tranny went into limp mode or something because I still had all gears but the shifting was HARSH. Mine ended up being a bad crank position sensor. But during that little episode I pulled over to glance at the owner's manual and it had a little blurb about if you get that warning light to try turning the car off for 10 (or was it 30?) seconds and try to start the car up again to see if the warning light goes away and normal performance resumes. Sounds like that was the case for you.

My tranny occasionally won't up shift when accellerating hard. Usually stays in 4th gear, switch to manual mode and it will shift to 5th. I have 104,000 miles, so I'm hoping it just needs new tranny fluid. I've researched this topic and found alot of info saying "NOT" to flush the tranny, just warm up the tranny slightly then drain it.

For those of you that have done this how did you go about it? Did you take it someone to have it done on a lift? Getting the car high enough to get under there to change the oil and run it thru the gears to check the level would be sketchy.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

@ Rock Nova, Yea when I bought my car it didn't come with a manual so thats good to know. I remember reading your post a few weeks back but that your problem was a lil different then mine, I'm hoping if this happeneds again that I can just shut it off for that 0.30s. I was going to change the tranny fluid myself but I think I rather just have it done at the shop instead of dealing with the headache myself.

zhp automatic, silver cube, smoked markers, led tail lights, remote start, tinted windows, full leather, blacked out kidney grilles

nike001 Guest
    John, I'd recommend taking some time out of a non-busy day to take the ZHP to a nice highway and cruise for a bit just to get everything moving.

If you were confined to only walking around your bedroom every now and then, you'd want to stretch your legs outside too, right?

@nike001 are you sure this isn't or won't be dangerous to the tranny if there is something wrong with it or needs new fluid?

nike001 Guest
    Try today and see what she does. If she's good again today then see how it goes, as it could have just been some sort of gremlin that you experienced the other day because our cars don't like to sit.

Alright I hope i don't hurt anything doing this.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny330zhp View Post
    Alright I hope i don't hurt anything doing this.
    If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't. Just do the fluids and go from there! I can tell you're uneasy about it, so maybe it's a better idea to just let it go until you get your new fluids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast