Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post

Align?

I am very hopeful that the dealer will inspect every element of the suspension before aligning.
    Oli. Here's where I'm at with this. If you align.... And dealer points out issues, you will most def have to get it fixed there, then get it aligned.

I am positive they will point out issues, not only with your suspension., but in other areas as well.

Are you comfortable inspecting this stuff yourself, and would you be comfy doing the DIY repairs? If yes... Do this.... Inspect, repair, get new tires, then take to shop for alignment?

If no.... Take to shop, have them inspect, replace, new tires and alignment.

Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Oli. Here's where I'm at with this. If you align.... And dealer points out issues, you will most def have to get it fixed there, then get it aligned.

I am positive they will point out issues, not only with your suspension., but in other areas as well.

Are you comfortable inspecting this stuff yourself, and would you be comfy doing the DIY repairs? If yes... Do this.... Inspect, repair, get new tires, then take to shop for alignment?

If no.... Take to shop, have them inspect, replace, new tires and alignment.

Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2
    +1
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Well you put the finger on it Dane.

I am not comfortable with suspension DIY at all, and all my mafiosi brothers and sisters live 7-64.5 hours away.

If they find stuff, I will use that info to take car to another bmw shop I know in town . Dealer won't do alignment until that is fixed.

In the case they find nothing wrong, I will have it aligned.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Sounds like a solid plan!
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Quote Originally Posted by AzkotikBMW View Post
    Sounds like a solid plan!
    +1

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Back from dealer. They found nothing wrong with suspension components (you have to assume they know how to do that). So I went ahead with an alignment.
    I will post numbers in my maintenance thread.
    Time will tell if the changes they made will alleviate the cupping.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Copy. And you have new tires now...correct?

Negative, plenty of life left in mine.

I read in your maintenance thread (post about cupping tires linking to 346fanatics) that you can mount the tire rotated 180 degrees (even directional ones, if you are doing this on the front axle only) and that within 2-3k miles the tire should regain normal wear.

I will wait to see if over the next few thousand miles, the irritating sound goes away.

The dealer (brags for being #2 in the nation in sales and customer satisfaction) told me that BMW recommends alignment yearly if car is driven daily.

As you said Dane, he also told me, in the most polite way, that my tires are not OEM and may be cheap hence the cupping.

PS, while waiting, I took pics of cars. I will post a new thread on that latter this weekend.

So the tires are cupped still? Just so yo know...there is nothing you can do to "UNCUP" your tires. Live with the noise, if you can. I could not.

Yes they have a bit of feathering/cupping/scaloping on the inside edge.
    I know, the noise is beaucoup annoying!
    I hope they will smooth out over time. I'll let you know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast