Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Owner......

I'm thinking negotiate those fixes in the price but none of those are uncommon. Inner tire wear is an E46 trait. Control arm bushings going out are not uncommon either. To me, an oil leak could be bad but if they think it's fixable w/o a big deal (new pan, whatever), I'd still make the deal given some price concessions. If you like the car, none of those issues are show stoppers. New tires for these are expensive as you may have already found out, but lots of cheaper places than the dealer for those.
    Last edited by johnrando; 06-29-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typos
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Hey Bob,

Last year I bought my 05 ZHP with 98,000 miles. Had a PPI done at a Cali dealership and they found several things wrong. Slot of them were minor. Broken strut bolt, bad fan belts, bad oil leak and one leaking strut. I believe the estimate was $1,800. I did all the repairs myself at a cost of $150. The Oil Filter Housing Gasket ($7) was all that was causing the oil leak, the oil was everywhere. They wanted $985 to replace the entire unit. I also have some pretty bad inner tire wear, the car tracks just as you describe. I need to do my suspension. One thing I noticed is the tire pressure will amplify this if not right. You also want to keep one hand on the wheel at all times. I paid $14,000 for my ZHP.

Hopefully all works out for ya, the ZHP is a dream to drive.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Yeah, I'm not so worried about the oil as the guy said he did an oil change last week and didn't replace the crush washer. HOwever, the dealer quoted over $600 for a new oil pan in case that isn't the fix. THe tires I"m not worried about, nor the control arm bearings. I do worry about doing my own maintenance on these cars, or any cars anymore, because if it isn't an oil change then it seems to take me at least 5 hours to do what others do in one hour. It's just my luck it seems. I'm calling him tonight to make him an offer. He is asking $17K.

Good luck!

Done deal! I'll be picking the car up in a week! I'm excited, and I can officially say I"m a member!

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by deuce08s View Post
    Done deal! I'll be picking the car up in a week! I'm excited, and I can officially say I"m a member!
    Awesome, congrats!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123