Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Update....Did you get it installed?
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

DAMN IT - i can't get the accel pedal off ! I can bend the white tab downward and I had the pedal about an inch slid to the left but then it catches on something...as if the tab catches it again, because it feels like the 'catch' is in the middle - top and bottom wiggle a lot more freely...

I think I am afraid to break the tab and maybe not pushing on it down hard enough....

what to do?

I think I also have the right size screw driver...is there a special trick to use it?
    Last edited by Washburn; 10-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

It does catch again. You need a flat head screwdriver no wider than 1/4", it needs to fit all the way inside those three black tabs (see photo above). Wiggle it all the way in, approx 1/2" then twist the screwdriver so the white tab depresses downward. Now pull the pedal off and wiggle it at the same time. It rides on the lower guide that's why you need to wiggle it. FYI if you break that tab no biggie, I drove around for months before I ordered a new one from ECS.

Success (Gas pedal part) !! took only 3 min this time - I was using the correct technique all along but was too chicken to twist the screwdriver all the way...
    This time twisted the heck out of it and the pedal assembly came off neatly - no broken tab !! yay - thanks for all the help, guys!.
    Not gonna do the install right now though - too dark in the garage due to crappy lighting and don't have a good work lamp...
    I want to vacuum the area around the pedal too, So tomorrow AM, I will install the SB and do a test drive, IF all goes well with the install...
    The hard part is done though...

did you guys remove the trim panel right in front of the pedals to tuck the SB and wires in? or did you just push them into an opening in the trimp panel? looks like trim panel has a small plastic twist 'screw' holding it against the firewall...u can see this screw and the opening right next to it (on the right)

Here's a pic of my success:

Last edited by Washburn; 10-27-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Sweet!

Ya that's just a twist screw, 1/2 turn and its unlocked. There is also a small plastic fastener up to the right that makes it easier if you remove it. Pop out the center then pull out the entire clip.

I DID IT finally!

Only had a short test drive (with DSC ON):

Red - pretty wild - definitive "jumping" when hitting pedal, takes off like a maniac - hard to park
    Red+S - Scary - won't use this mode unless I am showing off to someone - downshifted when I didn't even try to; revs way too easily for my taste.
    Green - Nice, smooth improved response - wakes the car up in a NICE manner, no lag anymore, takes off when I push the pedal, and downshifts easier for passing, and just overall, reacts quicker - JUST what I was wanting - very nice for around down and cruising - this will be default mode.
    Green + S - as above but more 'rowdy-ish' and fun-ish; might do this around empty neighborhood.

I still didn't take that panel off and REALLY tuck the extra wires and the SB module behind it, BUT I pushed most of it into the opening (cut outs) in that panel. (see pics) - the stuff is hanging pretty far above the gas pedal assembly, so I think it's pretty safe for now. Later, I will take that panel off and see if I can really conceal everything in leisure.
    I hid the controller wire pretty well between the trim area that lines the driver's side of the transmission 'tunnel' and it tucked into that gap between the trim panel nicely. I let it out near the hand brake are and it sort of dangles there and I can lay it loosely near the cupholders. I haven't decided where to mount. I also need to get double-sided tape for that (any specially good ones? any particular suggestions which ones to get?)

-Tips/advice is welcome for mounting options.

Thanks again for ALL the help from ALL the guys here on this thread, esp. Gary and John. I owe you guys.

Here are some pics of the install:

Awesome, glad you like it.

It was kinda hard to tell if you routed the SB wire up the backside of the pedal thru the top clip. It helps keep everything tight and tucked up out of the way.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351460449.046727.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  194.0 KB

I tucked the cable like that most of the way along the 'groove' BUT I could not get it into the top metal clip like that - it was as if the SB wire was way thicker than the BMW wire and I was afraid to push it in too hard thinking it might damage the insulation...
    How did you get it into the clip? did you pry it open with something?

Shit - i feel like I should try it again...

I wonder if I can disconnect the SB module from the ECU plug, then take the gas pedal assembly off, and with the other end of the SB still plugged into the as pedal, re-route the wire with the whole thing off the car, (Much easier to fiddle around with it than inside with it attached to the ECU end), Like you have it in that pic you posted just now, and then just plug it back into the ECU harness...

Will that be a problem as it's not the sequence I used when I 1st plugged it in? (connected the SB to ECU plug first THEN to the pedal)

EDIT - I guess not ??? : the official SB PDF here has the exact opposite sequence of connecting plugs (to pedal first, then to ECU harness):
    http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/pdf/sbbm0002.pdf
    Last edited by Washburn; 10-28-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Ya just use the flat head screwdriver and bend the tab open enough to get the wire in there.

Autozone.com
    Totally psyched for you. Glad that worked out, and glad you like it. I tucked my wiring behind that area by the gas pedal and the switch along the center console, and just had it hanging out under the brake pedal. Always drove me crazy which is why I came up with the idea of the sport button mod, so maybe that will be the next thing for you! Enjoy the SB.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234