Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    I finally got e90 lights for both sides. '07 & '09. Going to start after the holidays...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I finally got e90 lights for both sides. '07 & '09. Going to start after the holidays...
    You'll enjoy being able to see at night now.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    You'll enjoy being able to see at night now.
    Yea, I don't even drive it at night anymore....
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yea, I don't even drive it at night anymore....
    Lucky. I feel like it's always either night or raining...
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

Hey Jon/All - One retrofit installed and looks good. High beams work, low beams work, but no auto-level at startup (either side - one old, one new). All four plugs are securely in the rear of the light, and everything inside the housing looks to be snug & secure. Anyone have any ideas? I can't believe that the auto-leveling sensor on the control arm would've taken this time to die on me...though stranger things have happened. Any ideas? Also, everything that I did for this retrofit I did from the back side without having to remove the front of the housing, so I never had any of the internal wiring/leveling sockets apart.

-Brettski

When I did this retrofit a few months ago, I did the passenger side first and then the driver's side. After I got the passenger side done I checked the functionality and I had no hi-beam on the new headlight. I rechecked my work and couldn't find any problems. But once I got the driver's side completed, BOTH high beams functioned as they should. I don't have any explanation as to why this could be because I reused the highbeam solenoid from my old headlights in the new ones. Perhaps when you complete the other side your auto-level functionality will return.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    Hey Jon/All - One retrofit installed and looks good. High beams work, low beams work, but no auto-level at startup (either side - one old, one new). All four plugs are securely in the rear of the light, and everything inside the housing looks to be snug & secure. Anyone have any ideas? I can't believe that the auto-leveling sensor on the control arm would've taken this time to die on me...though stranger things have happened. Any ideas? Also, everything that I did for this retrofit I did from the back side without having to remove the front of the housing, so I never had any of the internal wiring/leveling sockets apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Paul View Post
    When I did this retrofit a few months ago, I did the passenger side first and then the driver's side. After I got the passenger side done I checked the functionality and I had no hi-beam on the new headlight. I rechecked my work and couldn't find any problems. But once I got the driver's side completed, BOTH high beams functioned as they should. I don't have any explanation as to why this could be because I reused the highbeam solenoid from my old headlights in the new ones. Perhaps when you complete the other side your auto-level functionality will return.
    Thank you for that information. Perhaps that is the issue here. I did not swap the solenoids from the brunt bowls as I didn't think we needed to (and hi-low beams are currently functioning fine for each). Guess I should try the other side modification first and see if it works with both lights running E90 solenoids & see if auto-leveling returns.

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    Thank you for that information. Perhaps that is the issue here. I did not swap the solenoids from the brunt bowls as I didn't think we needed to (and hi-low beams are currently functioning fine for each). Guess I should try the other side modification first and see if it works with both lights running E90 solenoids & see if auto-leveling returns.
    Hwy Brett. I already PMed you back, but I just had another thought. Being that you did everything from the back, possible that something is physically binding up the light inside?? An easy thing to check I would think.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Hwy Brett. I already PMed you back, but I just had another thought. Being that you did everything from the back, possible that something is physically binding up the light inside?? An easy thing to check I would think.
    Thanks for the help Jon. How did you know that this is where the flux capacitor has been hiding all along? Well, I wish it was something that simple, but I don't think that anything could've been wedged inside as I was very, very careful to be sure that I didn't leave any tools or other parts behind. I even used compressed air to blow out any residual dirt/plastic grindings (from the two tiny alignment tabs on the back of the lens housing), and wiped down what I could with mircofiber.

One item that did give me cause for concern was that the base of the solenoid on the driver's side light came very, very close to the plastic tab inside the housing assembly - used to hold the wiring out of the way - but I did my best to modify the tab and be sure it wouldn't interfere. This was more of an issue on the driver's side light (which I swapped last), so I doubt that this is the cause here, as it should've moved freely when I had the new light in the passenger side and old one in the driver's side. Nonetheless, thanks for the help and ideas. Provided I have time tomorrow, I plan to investigate further, making sure that all of the components on the suspension parts are intact and operational as they should be. I will keep you posted.

-Brettski

2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415