Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok, well now I'm learning even more, Thanks. So what you are saying is that my car has the M sport package, and not the M Performance package right? Can this be verified through the VIN?

It's different because in the USA, with the M Performance package the vehicle came with interior modifications too. I see you have the silver cube trim which is part of the package but what yours is missing is the thicker M steering wheel, standard in alcantera (quasi-suede) but sometimes replaced with the plain leather one that I have in my car without the tri-colour ///M stictching. American ZHP's dash needles are all red too with a higher redline to accomodate a more aggressively ratio'ed final drive ratio...but not by much.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    It's different because in the USA, with the M Performance package the vehicle came with interior modifications too. I see you have the silver cube trim which is part of the package but what yours is missing is the thicker M steering wheel, standard in alcantera (quasi-suede) but sometimes replaced with the plain leather one that I have in my car without the tri-colour ///M stictching. American ZHP's dash needles are all red too with a higher redline to accomodate a more aggressively ratio'ed final drive ratio...but not by much.
    The M steering wheel might have been over ridden by the transmission as that wheel is unique to the SSG.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when you buy a BMW brand new you can choose anything you want out of the M Performance catalog and add in to the price of the car and financing. Essentially they become dealer installed options. This could explain why the original owner stated that it all came with the car.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    The M steering wheel might have been over ridden by the transmission as that wheel is unique to the SSG.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when you buy a BMW brand new you can choose anything you want out of the M Performance catalog and add in to the price of the car and financing. Essentially they become dealer installed options. This could explain why the original owner stated that it all came with the car.
    +1

that transmission only was available with that steering wheel, he could not have ordered SSG with the wheel the rest of us have

Im beginning to lean towards the idea that this is a M-Sport car like Meric's. It's definitely a Canadian spec car due to the KMH speedo and non-orange needles, but I'm guessing M-Sport and not M-Performance due to the redline I see in the tach.

Welcome not many of us canucks on the board have canadian ZAM's... So rare this side of the border. I imported mine from the US last year.

AFAIK, BiTurbo has a ZAM Imola sedan.

Congrats on the sweet car!

PS: JP, canadian M-Perf cars show a 6,500rpm redline but effectively rev to 6,800. Only way to know whether it's a sport or perf is to look through the build sheet. Not sure if the ZHP exhaust was on M-Sports, so that could be a differentiator (unless PO installed it himself).
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Ok, well I'm more confused now than I was before I think???? Anyway I will have to get a build sheet on the car and find out what I really have I guess. Thanks for all the input everybody.

That's correct regarding the white needles of the ZAM. The needles are white. It shows 6500. And it revs to the equivalent of 6800.

Sent from my ZHPMafia.com iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Welcome Darren, your car does in fact appear to be a M-Performance (ZAM) car. If its ok with you could you please post the last 7 digits of your VIN? That will allow us to give you some better info.

Just to go over a few things:

SSG2 (generally referred to as SMG in non-M's despite being two completely different gearboxes) is an extremely rare option.

The pedals are not a factory option or a factory part at all, but the door sills may very well be (not sure what exactly came on ZAM cars). The factory aluminum pedals look different.

All the CF badging was put on by the previous owner, they are readily available aftermarket parts. The only 'BMW' to ever have a factory provided non-blue and white roundel were the post-war EMW's (Soviet cars built at the occupied Eisenach plant). Eisenacher Motoren Werke had red replacing the blue in the roundel.

and one last thing since John mentioned it... AFAIK Meric has a Canadian M-Sport, not M-Performance model. I don't think we actually have any members with a real ZAM yet, you might be the first.

Anyways, beautiful car and hope you enjoy it on this forum.
    Ok, well here's the last 7 digits of my VIN PD98521. Let me what you think, is my car an M-Sport package or M-performance package?

Per BMWVin.com, your E46 (PD98521) came from the factory on 2004-08-17 as a Canadian 330Ci with M-Sport II package (S338A) in Orient Blue Metallic over gray leather, with aluminum silver cube trim, anthracite headliner, high-gloss Shadowline window trim, M135 wheels, M-Tech II aero package (S716A), & SMG transmission.

Looks like no ZAM.

But welcome nonetheless!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Awesome Thanks for your help. So besides a few HP, what are the differences between the Performance package and the Sport package? Regardless of what package mine is, I really love the car. Thanks again!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast