Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I got just under 15k out of my rear dws tires and 25 on the front before I went to Michelin. I drive hard though.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Hmmm...I think I have roughly 20k on the set.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Go with PSS A / S?

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That is an option...They're super expensive, aren't they?
    EDIT: do u mean Pilot Sport AS? I can't find a Pilot Super Sport AS on tire rack.

This seems to be a new Michelin UHP AS tire, but very little info right now...TR is impressed though:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Speed+Rated%29

Beat 4 other AS UHP tires in their test, incl the DWS:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Yes. The PS AS

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    That is an option...They're super expensive, aren't they?
    EDIT: do u mean Pilot Sport AS? I can't find a Pilot Super Sport AS on tire rack.

This seems to be a new Michelin UHP AS tire, but very little info right now...TR is impressed though:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Speed+Rated%29
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177
    The Michelin Pilot Sport ASs are awesome. Brand new too. I will never run another brand of tire!
    E92 335i M-Sport
    997 S

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD View Post
    The Michelin Pilot Sport ASs are awesome. Brand new too. I will never run another brand of tire!
    Good data. Did you write up a review for these?

Yup I love my Michelin pilot sport A/S tires! Best tire I've used hands down and won't use anything else on the market unless something new comes out. The new ones, A/S 3 are supposedly even better. They will be my next tires come spring.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

OK so the big M is back on my list of tires to consider. I used them for years but had moved away due to price and performance issue on other cars.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    +1 for the Michelin bandwagon. I swapped out my Yokohama S. Drives (which got incredibly noisy late in life) for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires, and they have been wonderful. My ZHP does sit sometimes for a week or two without moving, and I have not had any trouble with flat spotting on these tires. Prior to install this past spring:

Name:  IMG_20130423_215549.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  2.47 MB

Decision came down to the Conti DWS's or the M. Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires, and I was swayed to them due to some of the concerns on the soft sidewalls with the DWS tires. First time I have had "no-season" tires on the ZHP, but they were chosen due to their longer treadwear rating (500) over some of the higher max performance tires. I haven't run them on the track yet, but after several long trips up the east coast as well as backroads cruising, they have proved themselves quite sticky in wet & dry weather. I would fork over the beans to buy them again, though they are a bit more money then some of the other options.

-Brettski

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast