Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    This guy.
    I frequent Lime Rock Park, my local track. After Big Bend and the esses comes a short straight called "no name straight". This straight is just long enough for the car to top out 3rd gear, however not short enough to allow you to stay in 3rd with stock software. With the Shark, I can keep it in 3rd and not have to waste time short shifting to 4th and then right back down to 3rd again. Short shifting to 4th and taking the turn and uphill is not an option because it is STEEP, and would completely defeat my car due to its lack of power.

In the end, keeping it in 3rd, despite bring well past the power band, still yields in more mph by the time I have to start braking than just shifting to 4th and downshifting again. That extra 200rpm is so worth it.
    Interesting and a good point. I'll have to see how often I bump into the redline at autocross.

In my 325 there was one set up we did where I just had to shift into 3rd before the corner. Probably wasn't helping my times. My ZHP with a shorter ratio diff might actually be comfortable in 3rd there, but I might get to that spot so fast I won't need 3rd.

Thanks for the insight.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Just to get us back to topic......

After weeks with the Pedalbox... Results are still fantastic. Car pulls harder in all gears. I don't have to downshift as often. I drove with it off a good chunk of hue he day today... Felt sluggish. Turned it back on... Wow. I'm sold. And I was the BIGGEST sceptic.

Happy new year.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011