Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

PLX Kiwi WiFi + iPhone apps review

Installation: Easy as pie, the cable is a bit too long for a WiFi device, it could be a direct mount, just my 2c PLX.. The iPhone found the network immediately and setting up a static it's very straight forward.

I downloaded both FuzzyCar(free) and Rev($39.99) to be able to have a good comparsion.

FuzzyCar:

Simple and easy, asked me to create an account the first time it launched

It's a little of a bummer that it did not discovered my car by the VIN #, that it can read, so I had to configure my car settings manually. There are three main buttons: Check engine, MPG and Voltage

Check engine is just like a generic code reader, unfortunately it does not read BMW specific codes, it would be nice if it did act like a Peake, I already emailed PEAKE's support and suggested they write an app for the iPhone :D

Check Engine

Just like any other code reader, but the GUI is awesome, easy to use and understand, just like most iPhone apps. Just tap on the "Trouble Codes Found" and take a look at the list, you can then go deeper in the code by tapping, it'll give you suggested diagnostics, etc..

Back to the main screen, there are several sensor readings, and all of them are "live", you can see a small line graph changing as well as number representations of the said sensor outputs, if you tap in any of them, they go into "fullscreen" mode, and you can see a better detailed graph and history.

Now to the icing on the cake: you can sync all data and historical to their website, and go oooohhhh and aaaahh on the Flash interactive graphics :D

There is a lot of good data there, and I am pretty sure very useful for most bimmerheads.

Click the Sync button at anytime, don't need to be connected to the PLX

REV

have not played with it much yet, but it seems to be a little faster then FuzzyCar on the readings, and it adds more functionality as well. Review coming soon!!
    Last edited by Dotpage; 03-12-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

Very nice writeup and very cool app Eduardo.

Well done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Great write up, Eduardo.

And remember: The Apple app store is an affiliate of ours. Buy apps through this link and it supports the site.

Nice, did not realize that, I'll update the links
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

Thanks, Eduardo. We have a lot of affiliates on the site. You can find them here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...s-at-ZHP-Mafia

I have a feeling that some of the newer members don't know about that page.