Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just to update with info I found and some part numbers for the 2 types and their part #s from different makers.
    OEM is Corteco-Micronair.

Name:  caf.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  121.7 KB
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

There are definitely two kinds. The activated charcoal in theory is the better filter. It'll appear darkish/grey in color rather than white.
    Fuelly

http://www.amazon.com/MAHLE-Original...1&s=automotive

This one is my favorite so far. Metal construction and a proper seal against the filter housing. Smell is noticeably improved compared to the Mann carbon filter I was running before

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/MAHLE-Original...1&s=automotive

This one is my favorite so far. Metal construction and a proper seal against the filter housing. Smell is noticeably improved compared to the Mann carbon filter I was running before
    Looks like a good option and I'm due soon. Gonna go with this one. Thanks for the info.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

So I finally changed the CAF on Gretchen with an OEM MicronAir (Corteco) Charcoal infused version ($28)
    ...By the looks of it, the car still had the factory one, and it was pretty dirty, but IDK if it was very nasty, like I expected it to be.
    Anyway, compared to the Elantra this was so easy to do, I was done in like 2 minutes.
    Somehow I had the feeling the new one fit in mmore solidly and snug, compared to the factory one...

Some pics and comparisons:

Last edited by Washburn; 01-15-2014 at 02:12 PM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I don't think the carbon one actively detects anything, right? It's just that carbon has odor neutralizing properties.

Autozone.com
    Probably bogus then - I am sure I don't know much - I read it somewhere, don't remember where now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12