Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Trevor, if you ever feel like test driving a 335 in your hunt for a new car, give me a shout!

When you're going to be looking at local cars, avoid this one: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...280271498.html
    I had seen it last summer (it has been for sale for about a year now) and had agreed on $18.5k with the seller, found a million issues during PPI (including ripped subframe) and walked away. Now they have it listed for $16k and still can't sell it. Gorgeous colour, though.

Don't be too hard on yourself in the upcoming days. The ZHP will live on in your photographs and memories. I'm really happy to hear you are fairing well. Did the airbags go off? I'm assuming not which kind of surprises me with that impact. Good luck with your M3 search, I hope it brings as much happiness as the ZHP!
    Fuelly

A part of my went with my car as it got towed away. I had to crawl out the passenger side of the vehicle to get out because the fender overlapped the driver door. The damage of the hood, headlights (I know ZKW lights are worth $5 max), cooling system, front suspension, and painting of all panels damaged will surpass what a 2003 330 with 173,000 miles is worth. I just have to find some adds in Canada to support what is a fair payout. If anyone can help or right away knows, please don't hesitate to post here.

As far as parts from my car, I have a set of VMR710's wrapped in Conti DW's used for 2 summer seasons. Off the top of my head don't have much to give unless there are stock parts to replace with the vehicle. I'm just going to let the KW V2 coilover suspension goto the yard since it would be painful replacing that with my stock parts. Supersprint muffler is welded on aging/rusting pipes so that'll have to go down unless locals here can do something in a timely manner at the wreck yard. I hope a lot of the littler interior things I'll be able to transfer to what I hope will be another E46.

I enjoyed my time with my car. Wrenching, sweating, sore muscles, swearing was all part of what my car which made me. As that part of my life becomes my history, I have yet many more years to make more history. While this seems easy to type and read, this is very hard in practice. As with many of us, our car is another identity. It isn't just a lump of steel rolling on rubber (thanks Alex) to me. It's an identity that gave us joy and attitude. We thought about it when we don't see it and worried about it too. I'm excited to find something....if I need to goto Los Angeles to get something I will. Please look out for me as I alone can't do the job of a whole Mafia. That's what makes this family here an amazing support net for our car needs but most importantly, friendship.

I was in Emergency and the doctors checked me out as perfectly fine for now. I'm in good spirits that I'll be fine and I won't need to involve myself in painful settlements that cost more time than most of us make in money. I just want to get back on the road with something that'll send me back on the journey of Trevor. :D
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Sorry to hear about your Bimmer Trevor but I'm glad you're okay. Hopefully you will find a very suitable replacement and begin a new journey

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I hope a lot of the littler interior things I'll be able to transfer to what I hope will be another E46.
    If you didn't see the link from the other thread, this M-Sport popped up recently: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...301726921.html. Incredibly low mileage, and the price isn't too absurd. I'd offer $15k, but realistically I think $16k would be a fair price to both parties. Jump on it quick!

JJ Motorsports in Burnaby also has a graphite grey M-Sport coupe (automatic, 107k km) for about $12.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Trevor, if you ever feel like test driving a 335 in your hunt for a new car, give me a shout!
    Yeah I saw that car before....it's so beautiful. If only it was in better condition. I know an SMG to Manual conversion is a $1500 job so I don't mind if the car has SMG which most have here in Vancouver. When it dies I'll just do a manual conversion. I've had my best fiend's 335 coupe out a few times but when I take that beautiful machine on familiar corners, there is just something not quite right that has been lost in the "mainstream" of BMW. When I drive my other friend's M3 convertible....well it just brings a feeling on that makes me giggle like a school boy. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself in the upcoming days. The ZHP will live on in your photographs and memories. I'm really happy to hear you are fairing well. Did the airbags go off? I'm assuming not which kind of surprises me with that impact. Good luck with your M3 search, I hope it brings as much happiness as the ZHP!
    It's hard to be hard on yourself but I am doing alright considering. The airbags didn't go off because she could have taken more. Usually when airbags go off, people are being hurt at the same time. Airbags are there to save form death. My car crashed in a way so I didn't get physically hurt. It's a testament that even though it's a 10 year old car....it's body is built well enough to crumple correctly for maximum absorption of negative energy. I've never come to a stop so fast in so little distance before and it was amazing how the "landing" felt.

One thing is that even in dry conditions, winter performance tires do not slow you down the same way as summer tires. Today was a warm day and the pavement was above average in temperature so my winters were soft and I felt them scrub/flex/slide as ABS went off. It's kind of funny how I bought this car to avoid this from happening and I have avoided many of these with summer tires. I shouldn't say what if...but as a lesson....if I had my summers on, they would have gripped and I could have squeezed out of this before it happened. Oh well...I've learned much more today to give extra space even though the car is mounted with grippy winter tires compared to most winters.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Sorry to hear about this

Glad you are okay. Winters on dry pavement is a different animal. You described their characteristic perfectly

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Trevor, do you have any interest in keeping it? The damage is fixable... you could use the payout money to repair it and still have money left over. Your title would become salvage (I assume) or the equivalent of that for Canada. I don't know how things work up there with the process, but if it's something that's possible, you could leave your car as a great DD in addition to an M3, possibly.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by JKO_ZHP View Post
    +1. Glad to hear you're okay.
    Seek a professional chiropractor immediately - that would be my best advice to you. It's been over a year since my crash but X-rays have shown that my spine/back is curving ever so slightly...prolonged standing & walking fatigues me now.
    This. I have a patient that had an accident over a year ago and developed cervical symptoms... she came into the clinic and had a reversed curve in her neck when I xrayed her. She's had a near compete recovery though with a couple weeks of treatment.

taptalk + Note 3

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I was planning to sell it this year to get an M3. So I have no interest in trying to sell it now. Might as well get a decent payout from insurance and not have to worry about selling it....even though my car would have been a pretty easy sell. Strangers asked if I was selling my car when it had the 19" VMRs on...LOL

I just came back from Emergency. Everything checks fine for now. At least it's documented. But that doesn't help if I have issues 6 months down the road because I'm checked out as OK today.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast