Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

52mm UV clear filter recomm? (Newb)

I need a good filter for my 18-55 AF-S Nikon lens, which is the kit lens that came with my D40.

What are some good ones, that doesn't affect the pics I am taking in a negative way?
    Brands/links would be most helpful.

I also just bought the Nikkor 55-200 VR lens, which came with a Quatanary 52mm UV filter on it - I just want to make sure that this filter doesn't affect pic quality in a negative way and would like to remove it from time to time.

How do I remove the filter? is it threaded? do I just turn clock-wise or anti-clock wise?

Also: Can I still use the manual focus ring with a UV filter attached?

Thanks a lot IA.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    I need a good filter for my 18-55 AF-S Nikon lens, which is the kit lens that came with my D40.

What are some good ones, that doesn't affect the pics I am taking in a negative way?
    Brands/links would be most helpful.

I also just bought the Nikkor 55-200 VR lens, which came with a Quatanary 52mm UV filter on it - I just want to make sure that this filter doesn't affect pic quality in a negative way and would like to remove it from time to time.

How do I remove the filter? is it threaded? do I just turn clock-wise or anti-clock wise?

Also: Can I still use the manual focus ring with a UV filter attached?

Thanks a lot IA.
    Any filter will affect picture quality (albeit you might not really notice).

I only use a filter when I'm going to be on an environment where I want extra protection for the lens, i.e. blowing sand.

When I need a filter I but Hoya filters.

Filter is threaded, counter clockwise should take out off.

The filter will not affect the focus ring, however, that being said, you really don't need to manual focus. The camera is much better at focusing than we are.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Any filter will affect picture quality (albeit you might not really notice).

I only use a filter when I'm going to be on an environment where I want extra protection for the lens, i.e. blowing sand.

When I need a filter I but Hoya filters.

Filter is threaded, counter clockwise should take out off.

The filter will not affect the focus ring, however, that being said, you really don't need to manual focus. The camera is much better at focusing than we are.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    What he said.