Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upgrading to latest navigation/maps

I'm so confused. I have a few questions/statements based on my searching... some people are trying to sell the entire package for $50 @ http://www.bmwnav.net/ but most people seem to be doing this for free. I'd like to do it for free as well.

That being said... I would like to upgrade to the latest navigation firmware and maps.

I found http://neiloakley.com/ and downloaded the BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode, Camera Alerts, M Logo).

1. I assume I burn the neiloakley.com file to DVD not CD right?

2. Where can I get the 2014 maps? 2015?

3. How do I tell what version I already have in the nav system? I've dug around in the settings and haven't found the version with my untrained eyes.

Could anyone please help by answering these questions?
    Tom, Proud owner of a 02/04 330CI ZHP with ZCW/ZPP and Nav

I tried using that link to make the .iso files but to no avail. I went to the local dealership and flashed newest software. Still running the 05 map pack lol

Sent from my iPhone 13

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
    I tried using that link to make the .iso files but to no avail. I went to the local dealership and flashed newest software. Still running the 05 map pack lol

Sent from my iPhone 13
    What'd that flash run ya?

WRT the DVD maps, I got them off ebay a year or so back (2013 I think) and they work well. Though OEM nav systems are so antiquated.

You can burn to CD. Check out xoutpost.com, lots of good NAV info, where to download the operating s/w, installation instructions, and how to view your s/w version. I'd recommend getting the OEM maps, and splitting with someone. (They have an East and a West version in the package). I have a non-OEM version of 2014 West Maps that I bought online for $25 as a stand-in while I was getting my OEM maps. If you want, I'll sell for $20 shipped. Also, if you'd like, I already downloaded the latest V32 s/w about 2 years back, I'm happy to lend you my CD if you return it. It would save you the step of burning your own copy but it's really not that big of a deal.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    You can burn to CD. Check out xoutpost.com, lots of good NAV info, where to download the operating s/w, installation instructions, and how to view your s/w version. I'd recommend getting the OEM maps, and splitting with someone. (They have an East and a West version in the package). I have a non-OEM version of 2014 West Maps that I bought online for $25 as a stand-in while I was getting my OEM maps. If you want, I'll sell for $20 shipped. Also, if you'd like, I already downloaded the latest V32 s/w about 2 years back, I'm happy to lend you my CD if you return it. It would save you the step of burning your own copy but it's really not that big of a deal.
    First of all John, thank you for the reply. I have a couple questions here:

1. How much did the OEM maps run you? OEM 2014 maps right?
    2. I have a zip of a .bin/.cue/.toc. Do I just burn them to a CD or do they need to be ran through another application first?

Looks like I'm already at 4 1/00, that's the most recent version right?

How much are the maps at the dealer?

Thanks,

Looks like BMWNav.net is the route to go...

OEM maps are expensive... $100 ish.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast