Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

FS: RetroFitLabs E46 ZKW OEM Bi-xenon kit - $125

I got this kit and turns out I don't have ZKW headlights so the kit won't work for me so I'm offering it to my ZHP brothers first. Kit is new, only taken out of the box to inspect. My stupidity is your gain. Selling for $125 shipping included. If you have any questions let me know.

Here is the link to the site.
    http://www.retrofitlab.com/bmw-3-e46...i-xenon-1.html
    Name:  E46 ZKW OEM Bi-xenon projector.jpg
Views: 3217
Size:  165.2 KB

Having just done a retrofit with a different kit, it's interesting how these do the bi-xenon. The one I used (TRS) I had to splice the new bi-xenon control lines into my existing bi-xenon control lines. With these, they wire it to the high-beam circuit so when you turn on the Halogen hi-beams, it also turns on the bi-xenon shutters... at least that's what it looks like to me. But then if you press the light stalk forward, you won't get anything, but if you pull it back (pass to flash) you get quad high beams for super light! Unless it's using the orignial bi-xenon circuit to trigger both bi-xenon and halogen high beams.

Question: If you have AL lights not ZKW, why were you doing the retrofit? Are your AL's dim? I ask because I have one ZKW (now retrofitted) and one AL (unmolestedtheAfter the retrofit they are both okay but not super bright. Wondering if it's the bulbs are old (or because I used cheap bulbs 3 years ago) or if it's the projector design. Or maybe when I see another car wth really bright projectors, they're running a 55W system?
    Last edited by LivesNearCostco; 05-17-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Honestly I didn't know what lights I had at the time but I thought they were a bit dim compared to others on the road. Not checking what lights I had, I bought these thinking they would work. I also have cheap bulbs in mine so that could be the problem. I did notice when I took my lights apart that the projector bowls on the AL, the chrome on the inside of the bowl were not as bright as the retro ones were. So it may be a combination of a few thing.

Take some photos of the lens and the housing. It'll show what which brand you have. That way you can figure out what is best. Also you may not need the retrofit and just require a good cleaning or changing out the actual glass lens itself to the ZKW for better quality.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Still for sale? I have ZKW's and almost ZERO light output lol. Is this a direct fit?

Sorry for the late reply. My computer has been down for a while. Yes they are still for sale. From the video it looks like it only requires a few holes to be drilled. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kqOiTD1S0

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Hey I've slacked on checking the forum... Still avail. I hope?