Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Oooo good to know!
    Yea do some research.

I have a free weekend to use next year. $400 Mid-Ohio trip fo free.

Also good to know the "important" people and get use to the environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Hmmmm should i do it?! GAH. So tempted.
    Would be awesome to have like 4 ZHPs out there all together. Although I know we wouldn't all be in the same HPDE group.

Does NASA allow passengers?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Probably no passengers for HPDE1. Which is what I would run in.

I have an E46 wagon, ZHP was sold ages ago. What a fun car, man do I miss that steering rack.

No passengers in HPDE 1 or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Bummer.

LivesNearCostco, join in on hpde3. Load us all in your sedan!

Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats

Didn't know that. Actually I suspected that because the one time I did a Nor Cal NASA track day I ran into some former coworkers who volunteer and/or race with NASA. But I haven't been back to Nor Cal since, and most of my NASA events were with So. Cal. The two groups have different directors, slightly different pricing, and a somewhat different style.
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    NASA is a good club. If you volunteer for events its a very easy way to get free track time!!
    If I go to NASA at Sonoma, tempted to do HPDE3 for a more open track and ability to give rides to passengers, but also tempted to pick HPDE1 to have an instructor, as I've only done one day there. Did HPDE3 once with NASA at Buttonwillow.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Didn't know that. Actually I suspected that because the one time I did a Nor Cal NASA track day I ran into some former coworkers who volunteer and/or race with NASA. But I haven't been back to Nor Cal since, and most of my NASA events were with So. Cal. The two groups have different directors, slightly different pricing, and a somewhat different style.

If I go to NASA at Sonoma, tempted to do HPDE3 for a more open track and ability to give rides to passengers, but also tempted to pick HPDE1 to have an instructor, as I've only done one day there. Did HPDE3 once with NASA at Buttonwillow.
    I'm fairly sure you can run HPDE3 then just grab an instructor to ride with you. They are still available...just talk to the group leader.

Yes it's possible but I think hard to find instructors during HPDE 3 because most of them are driving or getting ready to drive in HPDE4/TT. Unless you grab a club racer instructor.

Saw PCA Golden Gate has a 2-day event at Thunderhill March 28-29 that costs $395 for normal drivers and $425 for students. That's like as expensive as BMW CCA if it's for the original Thunderhill East, but less expensive than BMW if it's for the combined East+West. But then it's Porsches... everything is more expensive (unless you're in a 944 like Hornung).

Did you ever figure out the clunking/rattling? I gave my FCA a good inspection and it is not them.. Within the next few weeks I am taking into the shop and just letting them deal with.

So far
    Strut mounts
    Removed spacers from the front
    New end links
    New Fcabs
    New sway bar bushings
    Everything it tight and torqued to spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Did you ever figure out the clunking/rattling? I gave my FCA a good inspection and it is not them.. Within the next few weeks I am taking into the shop and just letting them deal with.

So far
    Strut mounts
    Removed spacers from the front
    New end links
    New Fcabs
    New sway bar bushings
    Everything it tight and torqued to spec.
    No I haven't. The only suspension parts that are new for me are the FCAB, Z4Ms.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast