Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vteckiller2000 View Post
    No I need to distinguish between the "front bank" and "rear bank" PRE-CAT o2 sensors. The old ones were cut off by the PO to lengthen them, and were gone when I got the car. The wiring looms are both the same color between the front bank and rear bank FRONT o2 connectors, so I can't go by color.
    The pre-cat o2 sensors are the exact same model o2 sensors; for "front bank" and "rear bank."

Ok...so they wouldn't be diff colors necessarily....correct?

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ok...so they wouldn't be diff colors necessarily....correct?
    If they're the same exact brand and model, no.
    Look at realOEM. It calls for 2x of the same o2 sensor.

Both pre cat sensors are essentially the same, though they are different in OEM and bosch number. Thanks bud, but I need the other end. I know which sensors go to which bank, but I need to know which sensor leads go to which connector. Under the driver's side engine cover...
    2004 ZHP Imola Red Coupe

Define "under engine cover". I stopped making dinner to go do that..lol. Thought I knew what you wanted.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

spencers Guest
    Ohhhhh, the CONNECTORS??

I wish I knew about the wiring. See if you can get Dane to snap a photo.

Dane, I think he means the plugs where the o2 sensors connect. They're right above the o2 sensors; held by metal clips.

I still don't understand. I removed the engine covers, and snapped the O2 sensors. I have not had to replace....so, I am prolly being dumb.

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I still don't understand. I removed the engine covers, and snapped the O2 sensors. I have not had to replace....so, I am prolly being dumb.
    lol
    Not the sensors themselves... I think he wants to see where the sensors plug in to, electronically. I'm still confused, too.
    FYI: no engine covers have to be removed to access pre-cat sensors or connectors.

You gotta be shitting me .

On the post 2003 model year 330/ZHP, they used wideband sensors on the front o2's. The connectors for those are no longer on the far side of the engine, but under the engine cover which covers the fuel rail, the one that doesn't cover the coils and oil cap. It has a six pin connector, with five wires in it for each front o2 sensor. They are not the round, 4 pin connectors pictured ^^ above.
    2004 ZHP Imola Red Coupe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12