Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Nice! Are those Hawk HPS 5.0's? I need to get new pads. I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Hawk pads once you've had them installed and driven them for a little while.

nah, just HPS. I'm just looking to maintain my car on a budget. The HPS are better than stock pads and its not like I track my car anyway. I couldve gotten cross drilled and slotted rotors for the same price but I didnt trust budget cross drilled rotors at all so I went for the slotted. I find that look to be gimmicky if its a cheap set up anyway.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    nah, just HPS. I'm just looking to maintain my car on a budget. The HPS are better than stock pads and its not like I track my car anyway. I couldve gotten cross drilled and slotted rotors for the same price but I didnt trust budget cross drilled rotors at all so I went for the slotted. I find that look to be gimmicky if its a cheap set up anyway.
    Gotcha. Still interested to hear what you think of both the rotors and the pads. I think you made the right move on budget drilled rotors (prone to cracking and may not actually add any performance). According to Zeckhausen's basic rotor guide, you made a smart choice: http://www.zeckhausen.com/How_to_sel...ake_rotors.htm. I got BMW Performance drilled rotors but haven't put them on yet. Definitely not cheap, but they're supposed to shed a few pounds in the front (woo lowered unsprung weight) and I went for drilled because of their supposed wet weather performance (we get some rain here in Portland).

Yo seriously! I had no idea how heavy rotors are until I picked it up! Must be atleast 50 lbs. The BMW performance rotors looks AMAZING! I was tempted to get them but it wasn't necessary for me. Dude put them on they're so nice.

That link made me happier about my purchase. Quicker wear is something I knew about but didnt know about the better bite and how its better for heavier cars. Perfect for me since mine is a vert.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

sent from mobile device
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Put the new front pads and rotors on today. For reference, heres what 98k miles on the stock rotors looks like. Look at that lip at the edge of the rotor!

Name:  19164035693_43d0dfa7f6_h.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  591.1 KB
    Name:  19777650002_acf23d0517_h.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  337.5 KB

and the new ones.
    Name:  19598327469_cb1da681ac_h.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  467.3 KB
    Name:  19777650092_0ec4fd445c_h.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  517.1 KB

Seriously a night and day difference. It feels so nice to have good brakes again. I could only imagine going for some crazy upgrade setup. We didnt get a chance to change the fluid because we didnt have proper jacks but next time soon. I ordered a new fuel filter/regulator so when that comes in we'll do the fluid and filter/regulator.

More soon.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Nice

sent from mobile device

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    Put the new front pads and rotors on today. For reference, heres what 98k miles on the stock rotors looks like. Look at that lip at the edge of the rotor!

Name:  19164035693_43d0dfa7f6_h.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  591.1 KB
    Name:  19777650002_acf23d0517_h.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  337.5 KB

and the new ones.
    Name:  19598327469_cb1da681ac_h.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  467.3 KB
    Name:  19777650092_0ec4fd445c_h.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  517.1 KB

Seriously a night and day difference. It feels so nice to have good brakes again. I could only imagine going for some crazy upgrade setup. We didnt get a chance to change the fluid because we didnt have proper jacks but next time soon. I ordered a new fuel filter/regulator so when that comes in we'll do the fluid and filter/regulator.

More soon.
    How old were the rotors, miles-wise?

98,000 miles! I neglected some things on this car for awhile. Not anymore.

This came in today:
    Name:  19188876873_6a7e04484d_h.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  399.9 KB
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Nice. Waiting to install mine when I get around to it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast