Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I bought mine from airbarg rx. Also just plugged in however I wasn't sure if I needed the one that is hardwired.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

JR: Did you clear the codes and then they came back? I don't think our cars have a driver's seat occupancy sensor... it assumes if someone is driving the car, the driver's seat is occupied! But the driver's seat has a seat belt fastened sensor.

I did clear the codes and they did come back. That's really strange that there is a code for the drivers seat.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I did clear the codes and they did come back. That's really strange that there is a code for the drivers seat.
    John, I was just looking at these codes and the #73 looks like it is for drivers seat POSITION sensor. Same deal with the #74, passenger seat position sensor. It looks like there is a separate, different code for the occupancy sensors. Maybe there is a sensor that indicates whether the seat might be tilted forward or not that could be causing your issue? Still seems strange though that they both would go off at the same time.

Barry

Oh, good catch Barry. Thanks for posting. I'll try to look into that.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Didn't know our cars had a seat position sensor--interesting. I thought the driver's side had only a seat belt sensor and the passenger side had a seat belt and occupancy (pressure mat) sensor. Maybe the SRS computer wants to know how close your seat is to the steering wheel, so it knows how hard to deploy the airbag?

I found this but I'm not sure if it's for ours yet, nor would I know how to replace it.

http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/p...779125898.html

The fitment guide on that page says that sensor is only used for E9x 3-series and E88/E82 1-series, and not until either 2006 or 2011. Doesn't mean we don't have one but seems unlikely we have that one.

That's what's weird, it lists E46 but then later says it's only for cars you listed, and NOT the E46.

Well to keep the spirit of Halloween going, I'm bringing this back from the dead.

Did you ever figure out what the issue was John? Or anyone? Hoping there is an easy solution.

I've had the SRS light on since I pulled the driver's seat to have upholstery work done over the summer. Battery disconnected ahead of time and all that. Dario's Peake tool (thanks again for the loan!) shows same codes, 73 and 74. No idea why both codes, didn't touch the passenger seat, and I double checked all connections before the driver's seat went back in. As soon as I clear them, the light is back on.

Like you all, I can't find any hard evidence our cars even have a 'Seat Position Sensor', or at least realoem doesn't list anything so named.

Any ideas? No way do I want to head to the stealership.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast