Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I was just frustrated with the car at the moment is how this post came to be. Just the fact that I replace one regulator and then roll down another window only to hear the tell tale signs of ANOTHER freakin regulator going out....... yea. That pretty much put me over the top.

I suppose my list would be:
    1. Odd creaking noise coming from the front end (mostly passenger side), it's kinda embarassing to drive at low speeds through a parking lot. I really don't know what it is, as I have already swapped out suspension and lubed the ever living hell out of the UUC FCAB and Swaybar bushings. That only leaves me with my actual control arms making the noise.

2. Ground wire fault in my passenger rear light somewhere. Haven't had a chance to tear into it to find it yet. So my dashboard goes off and on with light bulb failure in the rear

3. A skeleton of a big bug that somehow made it into my rear light housing. He is now immortalized in there until a bulb burns out and I go to swap it out.

4. No cup holders in the back seats. Kids are always puttin their drinks up front and I am always hitting said drinks when I shift.

??? I guess thats it. Otherwise, she is a great car and a blast to drive.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    I was just frustrated with the car at the moment is how this post came to be. Just the fact that I replace one regulator and then roll down another window only to hear the tell tale signs of ANOTHER freakin regulator going out....... yea. That pretty much put me over the top.

I suppose my list would be:
    1. Odd creaking noise coming from the front end (mostly passenger side), it's kinda embarassing to drive at low speeds through a parking lot. I really don't know what it is, as I have already swapped out suspension and lubed the ever living hell out of the UUC FCAB and Swaybar bushings. That only leaves me with my actual control arms making the noise.

2. Ground wire fault in my passenger rear light somewhere. Haven't had a chance to tear into it to find it yet. So my dashboard goes off and on with light bulb failure in the rear

3. A skeleton of a big bug that somehow made it into my rear light housing. He is now immortalized in there until a bulb burns out and I go to swap it out.

4. No cup holders in the back seats. Kids are always puttin their drinks up front and I am always hitting said drinks when I shift.

??? I guess thats it. Otherwise, she is a great car and a blast to drive.
    Give this a try for problem #2 http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1076114
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    wow, that's all it takes? Very cool, guess I have a project to do this weekend. Thanks for the link!!!!!!

I really have no idea what I am doing

Welcome. I had the same issue with my 325i. Nice easy DIY. Never had a problem with it again.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

About 31.8% of the time when I start the car, the stereo/nav will not produce any sound, yet it's fully functional otherwise. The fix is to shut down the car and restart, then it works fine.

I have found some occurrences of other's having the same problem and suspect it's either the nav computer or the radio module. I live with it because the cost to replace either or both of those parts far exceeds a top-of-the-line aftermarket replacement. If/when it finally dies, I'll go for an Alpine or Pioneer unit and get all the modern features to go with it.
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

I (likely) have the same sound you're describing, but from my driver's side; if it's a creaking sound when turning at low speeds, I'm with ya. Search "pirate ship creak" on E46F & you should find a ton of info. After all the research I could do, I'm suspecting the top strut mount / bearing.

I had this problem, too. kayger's link will work, but this E46F post is how I did it. It was the first DIY I did on my car; did it around three years ago & haven't had a problem since1

GL!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

I tinted my windows with reflective tint that affects my key fob range. But it's been working great the last few days so I think I have a sporadic problem with the charging system in the ignition as well.

The automatic AC used to bother me until I decided I didn't care if the car decided to use the compressor to take the moisture out of the air. I live in a very humid climate and I find the dryer heat in the winter quite nice.

I don't use the automatic headlights but I love the automatic wipers and use them almost exclusively. I imagine I will not like paying the premium for them when it comes time to replace my windshield, but I will.

I haven't had any of the major problems yet, such as dark headlights, regulators, vanos, or cooling system yet. I have had to replace the expansive-ass rear tires though. You gotta pay to play.

I don't mind the lack of cup holders in the rear because the youngins aren't allowed to drink in daddy's car anyway.

The double pull to exit amuses me. It's very German and I like the looks on peoples faces the first time the go to get out of my car. When it's just me and the kids I make a point to hit the button. No biggie.

All in all, I really enjoy ownership of my ZHP. I paid cash for a car that I realized had inherent issues (cooling system, headlights, vanos) that will eventually need addressing and a higher general maintenance cost and I set aside money accordingly. The trade-off is that I have a car that I love to look at and drive and just spend time with in general. I'm very happy with my decision.

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Everything about my car pisses me off...Especially when one minute it runs fine then it doesn't I'm due for a Fuel filter and possibly a new pump

And I hate not having a tow hook cover...Didn't come with one, and I'm not going to pay $50 to have it painted...
    PM me. If you buy one and mail it to me I will paint it and mail it back.

My only complaints:

GM5 needs rebuilt Constantly getting locked out of my car. Had a wet t-shirt moment yesterday because of this
    Creaky Pirate Ship Seat
    material is peeling off of my a and c pillars
    The annoying hesitation between 2700-3000 rpms

That about sums it up. I love my beater
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

What bugs me is that my center trim above my Radio is not perfectly flush with the radio itself or the dashboard. It just sticks out and there's like no way to fix it, as nothing is broken. Anyone else?

When looking out of my drivers window sitting inside, i can see that the top line from fender to door to rear fender does not line up perfectly.

Rock chips, but that's cause i love driving highway

LED lights that went out partially ( like 5 of the 20 lights died in my tail light. how the hell do i fix that??)

Got a leak somewhere in the trunk from that same tail light that lets water into the cover when it rains hard. surprising nothing was there when it snowed hard.

All in all, mostly I notice these imperfections and everyone else is just shocked i could afford such a nice looking car at my age. (24) not that fancy, but i'm thoroughly enjoying my "sports car". next one i think i'll get is m3 killer (ala 135 chipped).

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    That about sums it up. I love my beater

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast