Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1865 of 2616 FirstFirst ... 8651365176518151855186318641865186618671875191519652365 ... LastLast
Results 18,641 to 18,650 of 26152
    Great addition John
    04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Unique find, indeed. Congrats, JR !

Well, it's been ZHP week for me...

Last week, replaced warped rotors - good times and relatively easy. Heading to my friend's place, my low coolant light came on. In his garage, noticed a small coolant leak from a hairline crack in the expansion tank.

Last night, tackled the ET and in the final process of buttoning everything up and bleeding the system, the bleeder screw broke in half. Spend a good 45 minutes working a plan to remove the lower half of the POS plastic screw. Ended up heating a screwdriver that had approx the same diameter of the screw, melted it through the remaining piece, let it cool and threaded it out. Put a stopper in there and got it home. Will still have to bleed it better - definitely have an air pocket in there somewhere. Heading to BMW today to grab a bleeder screw until a brass replacement arrives.

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Yep that's the removal procedure when the bleeder breaks off.
    The bleeder seals with an o-ring so there is no need to get it super tight.
    Make sure you have the heater set on max temp, fan on low when bleeding and you should be good to go
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Make sure you have the heater set on max temp, fan on low when bleeding and you should be good to go
    yep, that procedure works awesome - always amazed at how quickly you can fill and bleed the system in these cars - love it!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Ok.....so no sooner do I sort out the broken bolt at the thermostat, now I have another issue. My ZHP is a convertible. All of a sudden, I have a blinking seatbelt light. I have googled this and most of the info I find is that it is related to the micro-switch that lowers the headrest as you lean the seat forward...the blinking light essentially indicating that you have the seat in the leaned forward position. Some folks say they have pulled the switch and cleaned the contacts and it's fixed. So I pulled the passenger seat out and pulled the switch out to find that it is a micro-switch and the contacts are internal. I went so far as to buy a new switch ($60!) and nothing...still blinks. Per the dealer (they had to re-set my airbag light since pulling the seat triggered an airbag fault) the headrest fault returned right away. I am not sure what to do next short of tracing the wiring through the harness to determine if the wire is skinned along the way. I am pretty sure the issue is related to the passenger seat because if you lean the seat forward it lowers the headrest as it should, but when set back upright, the headrest does not go back up. The driver's seat operates properly. So something else that makes me go hmmm...the fact that the headrest goes down tells me that the switch is obviously working since it lowers, but since it doesn't go back up, its almost like the headrest program needs to be restarted. Oh, and to add insult to this, windows aren't doing the express up either...per what I read there, the window limits need to be reset. Ive followed all procedures I've found and nothing. At the end of the day, this is not the end of the world, the light quits blinking at some point (maybe after 10min) and the windows can be brought up by holding the switch up.

Anyone have any experience with either of these????

-r

Plan was to do the O2pilot mod, I removed the bottom hose from the ccv which goes to the dip stick/oil pan and I saw this-
    Name:  IMG_6558.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  1.33 MB

I replaced the ccv only a year and half ago but looks like I need to replace it again soon. I also noticed that my ofhg is leaking

On the plus side atleast I know now why my oil consumption had gone up.

pic of the Zhp parked in the garage
    Name:  IMG_6559.JPG
Views: 491
Size:  1.39 MB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Found the leather cover for when the rear folding thing is down

Finally got my wheel back today- last week I backed into a curb and did some pretty nasty damage to both my wheel and my tires sidewall- so it's great to have it back and be able to take that damn spare off.
    Before

After

So I'm really excited about that! The sidewall held up through the removal and installation process, so I'm banking on it being sturdy. Zrazy glued the flap of rubber back into it and am waiting for that to dry, if that doesn't work I'll epoxy it.

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Please go buy a new tire; your sidewall is permanently weakened and I wouldn't trust it anymore
    Last edited by Hermes; 01-21-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Page 1865 of 2616 FirstFirst ... 8651365176518151855186318641865186618671875191519652365 ... LastLast