Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post
    This, just need a throttle cable to perfect rev-matching. I hate Drive by wire, it makes a noticeable delay in response
    Exactly why I'm beginning to consider a Sprint Booster or equivalent . . . !CDV helps, but it's only half of the equation.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Exactly why I'm beginning to consider a Sprint Booster or equivalent . . . !CDV helps, but it's only half of the equation.
    This exactly!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

nike001 Guest
    To the people that said that the CDV delete makes rev-matching possible..

Are you saying you couldn't do it before? I can almost perfectly rev-match now with the CDV.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post

Are you saying you couldn't do it before? I can almost perfectly rev-match now with the CDV.
    Depends on the change of gear and rpm. If is a small amount as in a normal downshift it isnt bad. But for example I wanted to keep up with my dad in my moms B8 S4 yesterday, I downshifted from 6th to 4th, trying to revmatch plunging the pedal, but the response was soo delayed. Nothing wromg, just how drive by wire operates.

Anyone ever driven a preracelift E39 540i with throttle cable 282hp M62 and then a facelifted with the drive by wire M62TU? 8 more hp and feels soooo much doggier. Still quick but there is a difference

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

This, just need a throttle cable to perfect rev-matching. I hate Drive by wire, it makes a noticeable delay in response
    I can actually get perfect rev-matches right now as my car sits (Shark Injector, CDV delete), but I still get less perfect rev-matches than I got with my E30.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post

I could do perhaps a 95% rev-match with the CDV, but I still felt a little "jolt", so minor, yet so noticeable. It still bugged the hell out of me that I was doing everything right but I couldn't dump the clutch without that stupid little judder.

Anyone ever driven a preracelift E39 540i with throttle cable 282hp M62 and then a facelifted with the drive by wire M62TU? 8 more hp and feels soooo much doggier. Still quick but there is a difference
    I have. My brother's car was a 1997 540i with a 6-speed, and was the first manual car I learned to drive on. The throttle was nice, but the CDV made it almost IMPOSSIBLE to learn manual on. I started with the mentality that "this is going to be easy" because I already knew the concepts behind it, just never put it into practice. Then, when I went to apply those concepts, it all went to hell because of that stupid valve. I could never get a smooth start with it.

Then I went to a 75hp Russian car, that wouldn't even have a CDV as an option (It didn't even know what an option was, that's how basic the car was). I was driving manual smoothly within half an hour in that car.

The next time I drove a car with a CDV was my buddy's 2001 E39 525i. That also has a CDV, and those bad memories of a CDV in my brother's car came right back; it was very difficult to get used to. By the time I drove the 525i, I already was rev-matching perfectly in my E30, so my skill was great. Goes to show you how badly it messes someone up.

Then I got my car. I could rev match almost pefectly, but the fact that I could never rev-match 100% perfectly bugged the hell out of me. So, in essence, the CDV delete is probably the best mod I've ever done and will remain that.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm with you az3579 ... I learned on a 1948 Jeep (no synchro on first!) so I know about rev-matching. That CDV is headed for the trash next chance I get !

Has anyone changed their Clutch delay Valve?

Like the title says,

Has anyone changed their clutch delay to a modified clutch delay?

if so did you notice a big difference, good or bad one?

Sarmen, I am going to merge your thread with this one: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...122-CDV-delete

I'm going to see if I can get my dealer to remove my CDV.

Lol we'll see how this goes...

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    I'm going to see if I can get my dealer to remove my CDV.

Lol we'll see how this goes...
    Don't hold your breath.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast