Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Peter, just throwing this out there since you already have the parts.... I was chasing down a mid powerband stumble which I thought was the DISA. I checked multiple times over the years and it seemed to be working perfectly on the bench. However, when I rebuilt it with the GAS kit, the stumble was virtually gone...

Everything looks great as far as your engine goes... It must be a great feeling to have all that stuff done before you put it in the car
    interesting - but why would that be? i don't have any play. the diaphragm (not included in the G.A.S. kit) tests fine.... did you replace the large DISA-to-manifold gasket with the new o-ring from G.A.S.? if so, maybe you had a vacuum leak? i replaced that already.

anyway... easy enough to do later. the ZHP stumbled around 2600-2900rpm in higher gears, but that's it. no 4K RPM issues.

and YES it feels great to get all of this done ahead of time!!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    How difficult do you think it would be to install the CCV with the engine still in the car?
    not hard. two things that would be more difficult than on the stand, are:

1. gaining access to the drain tube - still, with the airbox removed, you have pretty darn good access
    2. leaning over the front end of the car - if you're a wimp

so, really - about the same level of difficulty. what does nike say? oh yeah, just do it.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I have no clue why that would be... I did replace the gasket so maybe that was it... also it could of been binding a bit while in the manifold under vacuum something you can't test on the bench. I liked the piece of mind that the top nut wasn't going to fall off and much a piston...

Forgot to add.... nice tip about the vinegar.... Vinegar has a really low ph so it's basically a mild acid... much better that trying to figure out how much to dilute something like muriatic acid...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Awesome. I've got to run to work, but I am loving this level of detail. Nice work on...all the work you've gotten done. You're nothing if not efficient.

I have no clue why that would be... I did replace the gasket so maybe that was it... also it could of been binding a bit while in the manifold under vacuum something you can't test on the bench. I liked the piece of mind that the top nut wasn't going to fall off and much a piston...

Forgot to add.... nice tip about the vinegar.... Vinegar has a really low ph so it's basically a mild acid... much better that trying to figure out how much to dilute something like muriatic acid...
    yeah, the vinegar trick is cool.

maybe i will pull it back off and rebuild it. just for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Awesome. I've got to run to work, but I am loving this level of detail. Nice work on...all the work you've gotten done. You're nothing if not efficient.
    work? crap. i knew there was something i was supposed to be doing right now...

thanks. i don't feel efficient. i will likely be posting detailed pics of the VinceBar stuff, but everything else is boring (and has already been covered in my ZHP build thread), so those updates will be less detailed.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Looking forward to the Vince bar write up...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Man I finally got a chance to catch up on this and am blown away. Really appreciate you taking the time to grab some pics for the crowd following along. I'm usually also trying too hard to make the most of my little garage time to stop and document the process. Great job, Peterman!

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Looking forward to the Vince bar write up...

for my sake, and everyone else's sake, i hope it goes smoothly and without hiccups. i have a nagging suspicion that i am going to run out of epoxy, so i should probably order a second tube - they are tiny. i should post a pic. i know i don't need much between the surfaces, but still... that would suck to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Man I finally got a chance to catch up on this and am blown away. Really appreciate you taking the time to grab some pics for the crowd following along. I'm usually also trying too hard to make the most of my little garage time to stop and document the process. Great job, Peterman!
    thanks nate. my wife has been gracious enough to gift me more garage time to get this project done - i am soooo thankful for her. going to be making some life changes when this project is done.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Nice werk!
    thanks john!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

UPDATE

didn't have time over the weekend to get started, but got the Touring into the garage yesterday after work. got this done:

- removed trunk interior panels and rear seat in prep for VinceBar
    - removed exhaust
    - removed driveshaft
    - removed heatshields
    - dropped rear end
    - removed front undertray + cross brace
    - RACP inspection

had the unfortunate situation of two broken bolts - first time i've ever broken a 'real' bolt on a BMW. one of the front aluminum cross brace bolts sheared off - unfortunately, one of the ones that goes into the body. i was using impact for these too. so i need to drill it out... not fun. i will likely hire this out, drilling out bolts - especially ones of this nature - are one of my least favorite things to do. the other broken bolt was for one of the small tunnel/exhaust cross braces - again, my impact gun sheared it off. strange as it usually doesn't do that. anyway. onward and upward...

both rear shock mounts were replaced when the bilstein sport rear shocks were installed, about 6 months before i bought the car. they're both bad. i'm guessing meyle. the RR mount was definitely clunking.

i'm getting better at this. got the entire trunk and rear seat area stripped in about 45 minutes.

the workspace. i took this before i dropped the rear end, but you can see i'm low on space, so the top of the car makes a good holding place for the interior bits i had to remove. M54B30 is waiting. also, my bilstein PSS' are sitting over in the corner - i'm going to be moving to a 300#F/600#R linear spring setup, and will likely send the dampers off to shaikh at Fat Cat Motorsport (FCM) in california for overhauling... they offer custom valving for bilsteins, along with their 'Ripple Reducer' and 'KBO' (Kerb Blow-Off), but it's very pricey - full options (revalve, RR and KBO) is over $3000. just the revalve and RR is about $1750 - i will likely go that route. it's stupid money to spend on this car, but i am really curious about what this guy (shaikh) does - he really seems to understand chassis harmony, and i like his concepts. his work gets great reviews. plus he drives an E46 330i.

tonight, hoping to get the trans and engine pulled, and degrease/wire-wheel the RACP area under the car - it's pretty crusty under there, way worse than i was expecting. no cracks, just rust. i hate rust. so much prep work. it makes it not fun anymore.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Way to go... Slowly but it will be done.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast