Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    I updated those last couple of posts to fix the broken image attachments. Does anybody else have trouble with image attachments in the forum, or is it just me? I suppose I should look at an image hosting service so I can just embed links, but I hate seeing posts years later with orphaned images because the external service shut down or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good stuff!
    Thanks, John! I really, really enjoy this car. I can't wait until it starts getting nice so I can drive it again!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Well shit, solid updates! I've been wanting an M3 strut bar but they really jacked up the prices on them in the last year.
    Thanks! Yeah, I feel bad I didn't let anybody know in the deals thread, but the morning I got that email from ECS (while I was still in bed half-asleep), I ordered the strut bar and then the deal was gone (obviously) by the time I got it. All I can say is definitely use the "wish list" functionality on ECS for stuff you want and watch eBay.

Cheers,
    SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

It's nice to see how much you've been using it for road trips and the like

Well shit, solid updates! I've been wanting an M3 strut bar but they really jacked up the prices on them in the last year.
    William, they keep popping up on the forums all the time (especially e46f). Thats where I got mine from. Keep an eye out and I am sure you will find one for a decent price soon.

EDIT: User "Asmod3us" on e46f who parts out M3 cars all the time has one for $220 shipped. Link: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1120251
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    William, they keep popping up on the forums all the time (especially e46f). Thats where I got mine from. Keep an eye out and I am sure you will find one for a decent price soon.

EDIT: User "Asmod3us" on e46f who parts out M3 cars all the time has one for $220 shipped. Link: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1120251
    Yeah, I go over there every so often to look. I'm in no rush so I'm trying to spend sub $180 shipped, which usually means it is snatched up too quickly for me to find or the bar's in bad shape.

It's nice to see how much you've been using it for road trips and the like
    It's all been short day trips around SLC, but we've definitely been using the car. I've put about 5,000 miles on the car in about 18 months, and that's driving it almost exclusively only on weekends and evening rides, and not at all for two winter seasons.

We've actually been thinking about doing a serious road-trip out to LA via Vegas, up highway one along the coast from Santa Barbara to Monterey, into San Fran for a day or two, up to Tahoe, and back to SLC. I think it would be a blast. We could buy one-way tickets to LAX and back from SFO, and just rent a convertible Mustang in LA or something, but I think it would make some amazing memories to do it all in the ZHP. I mean, serious photo album material and lifetime memories for us and my kids!

We also want to do an Oregon-Washington-Idaho trip at some point, too!

I definitely need to do the cooling system and belts before I do any of those sorts of trips!

Cheers,
    SC
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Yeah, I go over there every so often to look. I'm in no rush so I'm trying to spend sub $180 shipped, which usually means it is snatched up too quickly for me to find or the bar's in bad shape.
    Just thinking out loud... I'm going to have a bar left over once I get mine installed. The chrome one is brand new, and the black M3 one just has a few little nicks and abrasions. I'm not sure which one I'll use, but if you happened to find a cheap one that was in rough shape, you could sell it and buy mine. Just a thought.

SC

Hmm...that's defintely a thought. I'm in no rush, especially since I won't drive my car for another 4-5 months, but I'm sure I'll get in touch down the road.

Any updates?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415