Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Thanks for all the compliments everyone. Just trying to do my part while I own the car...want to make sure that should we part ways she'll leave in a better state than how I received her. Glad to see that a lot of the people I used to interact with on here are still very active. Definitely a unique / tight-knit bimmerphile community here at ZHP Mafia. Dane, John, Albert, RIT, AZ3579 - great to see your names

Wertyu78 - A beer is due for sure. My work is having a Holiday Party at 4 Sons Brewery in Huntington Beach on Dec 16th from ~6-9pm. We'll have one of our 25 Hr race cars on display and obviously a lot of beer to be consumed. Supposedly will be some food trucks there as well. Anyway, it's not open bar or anything like that but an opportunity for us to get together with local enthusiasts and friends, etc. You are most welcome if you have any interest. No need to RSVP.

Vas, the seats came with what looked like a Seat Occupancy sensor control box that plugged into the existing connector in the car. Wasn't sure that it would work but upon starting it no Airbag light. I should have taken a picture of the control box to keep track of the part number, looked quite similar to a typical E46 seat occupancy sensor control box. Regardless, not sure what this did. I'm not sure that there is an occupancy sensor in the CSL passenger seat. I dismantled the seats quite a bit but didn't tear apart the upholstery.

1M Mike - that's a funny story about Ben hijacking your post. He's a great guy as you would probably agree. The color is Japanarot. Coincidentally Ralph is driving up at the 25 Hrs of Thunderhill race this weekend so I'm babysitting his car until I get back. Unfortunately I only have a 1 car garage.. Would have been great to have the two cars side by side.

Sockethead & BMW Curves - I feel you guys regarding the back aching after awhile. The CSL seats seem to help because I'm also slightly more reclined and my legs are lifted up more in the front..of course it's tight on the sides so there's no lateral play. Nice to not have to keep adjusting to avoid the back pain. I suppose lumbar support is necessary for people like us.

Slater, good tip on the M3 seats!

Again, thanks for all the compliments, guys. I've kept the factory ZHP seats in my garage. Will keep them with the car as spares or should the CSL seats need to come out one day.

-Terry

I think it's a fitting time for an update. The time has come for me to let the car go. Life has become a bit more busy and I could use the space (and money). Last few DMV registration tags never even found their way onto the car (as I have barely been driving the car). While going through photos recently to send to interested buyers I discovered the car was at 60,000 miles (exactly) on December 6th 2012 (I remember as I took a photo). And now it's currently at 63,XXX. Has always been the car of my dreams since my time working at a BMW dealership just as the ZHP cars were entering service (~2003). And to have acquired one #1 without a sunroof and #2 with a bit more OEM power, just made an already awesome machine even sweeter.

At the top of the interested buyer list is owner #1 and owner #2, both of them requesting the original stock seats be reinstalled. I went ahead and removed the CSL seats and am working on giving them a $ amount that I want for the car. A bit of a challenging/awkward situation being that the original owner/builder of the car and his friend (second owner who purchased the vehicle from original owner) are interested in having the car back.

So one last photo with the CSL seats. I like to call it the 'Ring Taxi' configuration:
    Name:  ZHPCSLseats_behind.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  232.8 KB

I ended up having the gap in the carpet addressed a couple of years ago but don't think I updated you guys on here. I just wanted to take one last shot from behind that shows how they look in a ZHP sedan and without the armrest.

Now they are in my garage trying to find a new home:
    Name:  ZHPCSLseats1.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  317.8 KBName:  ZHPCSLseats2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  248.2 KBName:  ZHPCSLseats3.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  354.7 KB

If anybody here has a friend with an E46 M3 looking for CSL seats. I'm selling them. I suppose anybody with a ZHP. I highly recommend them and particularly to us ZHP owners who have the Alcantara/cloth interior as it's the exact same trim as the CSL seats. Seatbelt buckles/receptacles not included.

As it stands right now I'd like for it go back to the original owners on the East Coast. If we can't agree on a figure then I will list the car publicly.

I want to conclude by saying that my favorite part about going out on a limb and buying the car was no doubt stumbling upon this website. No doubt an incredible tight-knit bimmerphile community. There's a lot of passion and respect here and that made me even more proud to be a ZHP owner.

-Terry

wow wow wow this car is incredible. Sorry to see it go but how cool for the original owner the have a crack at getting it back.

Damn Terry. Great hearing from you. Glad you've got the balls to do what's right for you, and the car.

Are you limiting the sale to those two buyers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

how much were you thinking for the seats?

Thanks for the kind words, Joey.

Dane, great to still see your name! I imagine you've been keeping busy keeping this community rocking and rolling.

Sillie, I am asking $5500 firm. I had the hardbacks/shells refinished (there were minor scuffs from the previous owner). After having them refinished I also had a wrap guy vinyl wrap them in the OEM matte black finish for further protection (in case I had young rear passengers who like to kick..). Lol, fortunately never had any young rear passengers...or any rear passengers for that matter.

-Terry

Wow Terry. I know how much you loved that car. That was the 1st one of those I ever saw so I have always like it. I hope things go well with the sale. Good to see you around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415